For users of GeForce Experience

dogdish

There is a "Send Feedback" button in the lower right hand corner of GeForce Experience.

Then there is a "Game detection and support" button...

...followed by a "Suggest a game we should support"

Please take a minute and tell Nvidia to make a game Optimization for FSX. Challenge them to improve are beloved FSX.

No matter how you feel about using GeForce Experience. Maybe if enough people do, Nvidia might find a reason to get 5~10 more FPS with the GeForce drivers, which would benefit everybody. (Well not AMD users, start your own campaign!)

Come on... It's not like I'm asking you to vote for a particular candidate (Let's not even go there :D)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Ten years too late. FSX is a dead product to Nvidia.

EXACTLY why they need a reminder to not forget about us!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

EXACTLY why they need a reminder to not forget about us!

Well for one there is no financial reason to do so, and since FSX runs better on NVIDIA cars and that is what we mostly buy, why would they care. we are a grain of sand on a very big beach nad are past making old games run better.

Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

FSX is a single-threaded process that depends almost wholly on CPU speed. There is nothing that can be done to any nVidia GPU driver that will make any difference. Almost any recent nVidia GPU is overkill for FSX anyway and it matters little which driver version is used.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

One thing I noticed in GeForce Experience, there is a Optimization for Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2 Release Date > November 16, 2004

But not one for FSX

FSX Release Date > October 10, 2006

Probably because enough people requested one for Half-Life 2, which is 2 years older!

There has been an FSX profile in the NVIDIA driver package for a long time. IIRC it calls FSX by it's long name, "Microsoft Flight Simulator 10".

An interesting question is, which FSX setup should NVIDIA optimize. DX9? DX10? SLI? With VSync or without? Frames locked or not? How much AntiAliasing?

These factors are all different on different computer/GPU and simulator setups, and on top of that are subject to user preference. I think that Nvidia would end up with at least 10 different profiles to choose from (and those wouldn't even be enough.)

I can't agree to the "There is nothing that can be done to any nVidia GPU driver that will make any difference.". It does. To prove the point, try setting SparseGridSuperSampling to it's highest value. A driver can be set up to suit your FSX or it can be set up to hold it back. I fell into this trap just a few weeks ago. Switched out a 780ti for a 980ti (my FSX manages to max out the 780ti btw), and although every setting (app and driver) is identical, performance is cut by 30%. Back into tweaking mode...

I think based on the other game Optimizations, they would make one for DX10 being the latest update from SP2. Then as far as profile, it is based on your hardware, so somebody with a slower computer would get a profile different from somebody with faster hardware. The other GeForce Experience profiles have a slider for QualityPerformance also.

Then you still have the option to use the Nvidia provided profile or turn it off entirely and manually configure as usual.

Archived