Weather

Jim Hall

I tried for the first time the Real World Weather (static) and found the weather to not match reality. I have the internet open and it seems the program loaded the real world weather okay but showed clear 50 mile visibility when we actually have overcast and very low clouds.

Also, because I'm having problems with the Ron Machado lessons whereby controlling the aircraft is much harder than "Fly Now" and the lesson sometimes just ends in the middle and the airplane flies forever as is or his comments don't make sense and some other problems I'm thinking to buy FSX-SE. As I'm not a computer guy I'm worried about complications running FSX box and FSX-SE on the same computer. I assume each has its own icon. Anyway, thanks for your opinions.

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I tried for the first time the Real World Weather (static) and found the weather to not match reality. I have the internet open and it seems the program loaded the real world weather okay but showed clear 50 mile visibility when we actually have overcast and very low clouds.

Also, because I'm having problems with the Ron Machado lessons whereby controlling the aircraft is much harder than "Fly Now" and the lesson sometimes just ends in the middle and the airplane flies forever as is or his comments don't make sense and some other problems I'm thinking to buy FSX-SE. As I'm not a computer guy I'm worried about complications running FSX box and FSX-SE on the same computer. I assume each has its own icon. Anyway, thanks for your opinions.

If you are going to use "Real World Weather" then keep in mind that sometimes some, or all stations that report to Jeppsen may not be working at that moment. You will then get the weather at the time it stopped reporting. You should really use the "Update every 15 minutes" mode.

Sometimes Ron or the other instructor seem to think you are not paying attention to your flight lesson and will either verbally, or silently discontinue it. You're on your own at that point!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived