How to start a flight from airport apron, not runway?

dmb06851

There have been dozens of questions on various forums about starting with a cold and dark cockpit, but, as far as I can see, all the proposals still place the aircraft on the runway.

How can I start with the aircraft on the apron?

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

There have been dozens of questions on various forums about starting with a cold and dark cockpit, but, as far as I can see, all the proposals still place the aircraft on the runway.

How can I start with the aircraft on the apron?

Isn't there something, when choosing the departure airport, that gives you a list of starting positions like Gate, Ramp, GA Parking, Active Runway, etc. There should be a drop-down menu.

Sometimes addon airport sceneries will give you only the option of starting on the runways. The scenery needs to be fixed. A lot of the smaller default airports don't give parking spaces and will only start on the runway.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi.

A couple of approaches:

1-Move your acft. where you want, and Save that flight, when you start next time, and select that Flight, it will start from where you left off.

2-At some airports you may be able to select the area, other than the Runway to Start.

Other methods exist, apps., but this should get you started. TV

Thank you both for the swift replies.

The only options I can see are either active runway, runway numbers or helipads. No mention of gates or anything else.

I have taxied an aircraft to the apron of an airport, shut it down, and ended the flight. When I select that flight again it starts with the 'plane on the runway.

The only options I can see are either active runway, runway numbers or helipads. No mention of gates or anything else.

I have taxied an aircraft to the apron of an airport, shut it down, and ended the flight. When I select that flight again it starts with the 'plane on the runway.

OK, like I mentioned, there are many airports in both your Sim and My Sim that are like that. Name the airport and we can all check to see if someone has done an update to the airport scenery that will include more parking spots and gates.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

After you shut the Airplane down where you want it, select "Flights' from the Menu Bar and click on 'Save Flight', then Name it. Also, make sure the 'Save as Default Flight' box is checked... that should do it!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Thank you ViperPilot2, saving the flight from the Menu bar before ending it does the trick.

I wanted to do this at a small general aviation field in the U. K. which offered only runway selection.

Thank you to you all.

Archived