Where did the water go?

FSX-SE - Windows 10 - Went to fly out of my home field (KFOK) and I have no rivers or lakes. I have ORBX products loaded, but this occurs even with Default selected in FTX Central. I haven't installed anything new lately. Ideas?

Thanks,

Les

Sounds like your shaders got messed with. I've never done it, but supposedly if you empty out the shaders and shaders10 folder (I have FSX boxed, so may be different for Steam Edition), FSX will rebuild them. I wouldn't DELETE them but SAVE them somewhere in case it doesn't fix your problem and you could delete the newly created shaders and move the originals back. Also your ORBX products may have placed some special shaders into these folders, idk.

You also might want to check if the ORBX product has any kind of shader rebuild utility.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Global Warming? Probably not this soon, but soon enough our grandchildren will experience it! Frankly I have all listed but Windows 10 on my three FSX computers and haven't seen that issue occur. I agree, it sounds as though you need to need to let everything rebuild on its' own from scratch.

GOOD LUCK!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Les, did you ever get it fixed?

Since you got Steam FSX, you can...

Verify integrity of game cache

Load Steam.

1. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

2. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

This should put it back to default, and I think the oceans would return. Then you could do what MrUnSavory said with the FTX Central.

I have a few Steam games and this always got them to work again.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Do you have Ultimate Terrain X?

If so, click on the desktop icon and run the validation tool

The water should reappear..

Rick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, FSX Gold Edition,P3DV3.1

Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core

Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 980,16GB Dual Channel lDDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz

1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache

Pretty area! I just went there with ORBX Global and it's very attractive, even in the rain. I notice there are a ton of GA airports all around there. I beet it sounds like an angry hornets nest on pretty Saturdays!;)
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived