A Snowy Day in Yellowknife

In this series a Canadian North B737-200 sits on the tarmac waiting for passengers to board at Yellowknife, Northwest Territories (CYZF).

The shots show the actual current CYZF weather reported as: 2500 Overcast, Wind 320 at 6, Visibility 5 miles, Temp -19C and light snow - which seems to be pretty accurately depicted by ActiveSky Next.

With the temperature at -19C we'll let the First Officer do the walk around today :D:D .

Aircraft is the Captain Sim FSX version

[click on the images for a full screen view]

y1.jpg

y4.jpg

y2.jpg

y5.jpg

y3.jpg

Great shots! Thanks for a wonderful post.

My father's second favorite plane to fly. He loved the Minipigs, as he called them. He would check in with KSFO with "Heeeey, hey, hey, it's Faaaaaaat Albert!" He name is actually Alfred, but hey, close enough :)

On the flights I went on with him, he never let the FO do the walkaround, no matter the weather, although I can't ever recall a -19° day in KSFO! He would say "I signed for it, I am responsible. I am doing the walkaround.", end of discussion. When he made Captain, he ran the plane as though it were a military plane, which he used to train boot pilots in back a LONG time ago. SNJ's :)

Thanks again for a great set of pictures!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Burrrr Bill, great shots enjoyed but I agree with the other simmers. It must still be cold where you are? I am in central AZ in the mtns where we are heating up & thawing out after our snow. Kenny

Guys - many thanks for looking and all the great comments. My hat is off to the crews that fly those Northern territories cold weather routes.

Kenny: Actually quite a bit warmer here in Georgia (70s) than up in Yellowknife :D

Archived