I've spent a couple of hours searching, but nothing yet!

KCD

I've spent a couple of hours searching, but all I can find are prop driven models. Can anyone tell me is this airplane is real, or a figment of J.R. Lucariny's imagination. It is the ideal size that I'm looking for, but I can find no reference to it on the Internet at all. Allegedly made by Embraer, it is the Embraer ERJ120 Brasilia Jet.

Any information?

Thanks...

Hi Klee, search for jrerj120.zip in the library here.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

J.R.Lucariny's jrerj120.zip models both turbine and (prototype at the time?) jet versions.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I'd already found Lucariny's two 120 jets in the library; what I'm trying to determine is if this type ever existed and if it ever went into production, even if production was limited. It seems some who have responded say no, it never existed, yet both Tim and the Zipster seem to suggest that it did. I'd like to hear from more from Tim and Zippy, please.

what I'm trying to determine is if this type ever existed and if it ever went into production, even if production was limited. It seems some who have responded say no, it never existed, yet both Tim and the Zipster seem to suggest that it did. I'd like to hear from more from Tim and Zippy, please.

Maybe it's just me, but are you talking about existing in the "Real World" Or in the Flightsim world?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, got ya! Looks like only Embraer EMB 120 or 120ER. I suspect a fictitious model/model name by Mr. Lucariny.

The fuselage of the EMB120 also forms the basis for the ERJ145 50 seat regional jet.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Maybe there is some confusion as to the model designator. Embraer do produce small executive class jets - the Phenom 100 and 300. Check them out and see if they resemble the FS models. It could be that Embraer originally planned to use the ERJ designation but decided to go with a new original name to avoid confusion. Dornier is one company that uses a similar designation to identify models - for example the Jet and TurboProp versions of the Do 328 - 328J (or sometimes listed as 328Jet) and 328T.

Regards

Brian

The Phenom 100 & 300 are called the EMB-500 and EMB-505 in Embraer's product line.

There was a twin turboprop pusher called the FMA-123 'Vector', but there were only 2 units built. Embraer used this technology to create the ERJ series of commuter jets (fuselage, subsystems, etc.).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer/FMA_CBA_123_Vector

Hope this helps,

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hi Klee, what an interesting thread you started! Here's part of an Embraer history article I found on airwaysnews.com:

By 1989, Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer had been in the turboprop business for over twenty years with its EMB 110 “Bandeirante” and EMB 120 “Brasilia”. The next step was for the company to expand into the jet market. At the 1989 Paris Airshow, Embraer launched a longer and turbofan-powered version of the EMB 120 and designated it the ERJ 145.

The initial design of the ERJ envisioned 75% parts commonality with the EMB 120, with two turbofan engines mounted in the rear of the fuselage, while maintaining the T-tail design of the EMB 120. In addition, engineers planned for a straight wing with winglets. The target range for the new aircraft was 1,350 nmi (1,553 mi or 2,500 km). However, poor wind tunnel test results led to a significant redesign.

In 1990, Embraer redesigned the wing to have a 22.3-degree sweep, while retaining the winglets, but the two engines would be mounted under the wings. New tests revealed improved aerodynamic performance. Still, this was not to the designers’ satisfaction, since the new wing-mounted engine configuration would require a longer, thus heavier, landing gear.

The design freeze finally came in late 1991, after various modifications. The aircraft maintained some visible commonality with EMB 120, such the 2-1 seating configuration. In the final design, the Rolls-Royce AE 3007-A1 engines returned to the rear, and the wings kept their sweep but without winglets.

It looks like a 'what if' creation from JR; if you look at the Readme file, the Specs clearly describe the Brasilia, all the way down to its PW-118 Turboprop engines.

Tiger1962's post correctly describes Embraer's development of the ERJ-1xx series as being a by-product of the Brasilia.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Thanks, everybody! I've decided to go with the ERJ 135 for my project as it is of ideal size. I don't know much about flying jets, never really got into them. I have tinkered with the default Lear, enough to get it off the ground and back down again, more often than not in a vonPeerhoven type landing), but I've always been a piston & prop person. I think the 135 will be the ideal trainer, and the Posky seems as good a freeware version as I'm going to find. I appreciate your assistance greatly, thank you all.

Archived