FSX Golden Edition

sacb52man

Hello:

I am unable to find proper forum in FSX to discuss no static airplanes. Have tried everything including reinstallation. No airplanes taxing or parked at hanger. Please help. sacb52man

FSX doesn't have static (i.e. never moving) planes, except with various add-ons, such as ORBX. But you mention taxiing, so that's AI (Artificial Intelligence) aircraft, which should be available when you're not in multiplayer mode. There's actually a "traffic" setting where you can control how much AI you see.

So if you've got no AI and you've adjusted the settings to show traffic, and if you're at one or more of the larger airports (doesn't have to be LAX), then you have to wait a few minutes, depending on where you are and what time of day (and maybe some other factor) before even the first of the traffic will show. Sometimes it might be more than 10 minutes, other times/places just a couple of minutes or so.

If after all this you still don't have AI traffic, then somehow you've lost the BGL files that set it up, or else you've renamed the aircraft that they use for AI (a few are just for AI, not flyable, some are flyable).

Or maybe someone else knows other factors, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you, in which case you need to correct my impression of your problem(s). Or, given your login name, you're only at military fields, which won't have traffic.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I agree with Larry! First you need to let us know where you are. If on a military base, there will be no AI or static military aircraft unless you have downloaded and installed them separately. I have some Naval Air Stations that included Static aircraft parked on the ramps. Some major updated airports like KATL will provide some static airliners parked at the gates.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You have been simming since 2007 (join date). So you might have just recently installed FSX Deluxe plus Acceleration. Right? Did you un-install your 'old' FSX? All traces?

FSX 'GOLD' has 'Deluxe' version of FSX, and then you add Acceleration to that. But you can't just install Acceleration over your 'old' FSX install. I don't believe that will work.

So tell us what you did to install. Also your specs (just curious).

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I was AirForce (60-64) at 1 yr Biloxi, Miss and then 3 yrs at Radar Sq (Height Finder - tracked X-15 drops) outside of Las Vegas. SAC eh? Excellent. Mickey Mouse?

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived