Creating flight with aircraft cold and dark at a gate/parking.

dmb06851

I thought that it was possible to do this but I don't remember how, and I don't see any way of doing it. Perhaps my memory is wrong?

The only thing I can do is set the gate or parking (at Heathrow for example) but how can I set it so that the aircraft isn't fired up?

I've read the answers to similar questions. I'm now trying to find out how to save a flight where I shut the aircraft down before exiting.

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

The only thing I can do is set the gate or parking (at Heathrow for example) but how can I set it so that the aircraft isn't fired up?.

Someone just asked the same question at the other site - this free utility will pre-set almost everything you can think of:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-flight-simulator-manager-(en_4845).phtml

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Was just reminded how to do this the other day. :)

This is from mrzippy:

"I use the default Baron 58 as my "Default flight" I do leave the Avionics switch on. The reason being that if you start a flight in a 737 or 747 (neither of which have an Avionics switch) you will then need to program a keyboard or joystick button to turn it on. Be sure to have your throttles at idle, and mixture to full rich and parking brake set before saving your condition.

If the mixture is not saved at full rich, you will not be able to start your jet engines. Mixture=fuel levers on jets."

You don't have to make it your default flight, tho. Just save it as something like "Cold & Dark" or whatever and load it when you want. When you load it, you can switch to whatever plane you want and move it wherever you want and start 'er up from there.

Hope that helps! :)

Slammr

Was just reminded how to do this the other day. :)

This is from mrzippy:

"I use the default Baron 58 as my "Default flight" I do leave the Avionics switch on. The reason being that if you start a flight in a 737 or 747 (neither of which have an Avionics switch) you will then need to program a keyboard or joystick button to turn it on. Be sure to have your throttles at idle, and mixture to full rich and parking brake set before saving your condition.

If the mixture is not saved at full rich, you will not be able to start your jet engines. Mixture=fuel levers on jets."

You don't have to make it your default flight, tho. Just save it as something like "Cold & Dark" or whatever and load it when you want. When you load it, you can switch to whatever plane you want and move it wherever you want and start 'er up from there.

Hope that helps! :)

Slammr

I'm being quoted? I would definitively make it the default flight! This way you can choose any aircraft and any destination and go have a good time!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Someone just asked the same question at the other site - this free utility will pre-set almost everything you can think of:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-flight-simulator-manager-(en_4845).phtml

A potentially useful program tiger 1962, but it doesn't do what I want. Thank you.

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

I've found it easiest to follow Mr. Zippy's directions.

Put the default Baron 58 at the gate you want, props full forward, Mixture full forward, Avionics switch ON, everything else, including the engines, off.

I'd wager you can set the weather, too.

Save flight as default.

Bingo! Load the Baron saved flight, change aircraft and go flying.

Hope that helps a little.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Bingo! Load the Baron saved flight, change aircraft and go flying.

Hope that helps a little.

Pat☺

Absolutely no need for this last step! Once the default flight is created, any aircraft will start up in this condition at any location. I NEVER fly my default flight. It was created to give me a cold and dark aircraft only.

Ahhh, Ok, Zippy, sorry about that.

Not what I do.

Sorry for the misinformation!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Once the default flight is created, any aircraft will start up in this condition at any location...

[added]...when started from the Free Flight screen. Loading any other saved flight could overwrite the cold and dark settings.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

[added]...when started from the Free Flight screen. Loading any other saved flight could overwrite the cold and dark settings.

peace,

the Bean

Thanks for that extra tidbit!

Archived