could be dumb

This could be a dumb question, but I have a lot of WoAI stuff in the sim objects folder. My question is do I have to have corresponding aircraft from the airlines, to make them show up at their various airports?:confused:

What you have to have besides the WOAI folders in Simobjects/Airplanes are the flightplans in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

How do you mean? Do you mean you don't see any traffic now?

Regarding WOAI:

You need the trafficplans

Those are the .bgl files, in the

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\/scenery/world/scenery

folder is where they usually are. It's the folder the WOAI installer puts them in automatically, though it is possible to move them.

You also need the aircraft themselves.

In folders with names such as this:

WoA_AIA_B737

The WOAI installer is set to install them in /Simojects automatically, but you can choose to have it put them in another folder.

Thing is, that folder needs to be listed in the fsx.cfg file. So fsx knows to look in there for stuff.

Example:

My WOAI aircraft are in folder:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\WOAI aircr

In the fsx.cfg file, where it says:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

I added the line:

SimObjectPaths.6=WOAI aircr

Now they are nicely seperated from the user aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only silly (stupid, dumb, choose your favorite adjective) question is the one you don't ask :D

Besides, a "dumb question" is a bit of an oxymoron. "Dumb" indicates silent, or incapable of speech. How can you ask a question if you cannot communicate? Other than Sign Language, naturally...

Have fun, and some wonderful flights! And ask all you want. It's a great way to learn :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

In reply to your answer to my question. Is that Senior or Senile Member

I can't speak for Pat. But in my case, both apply!:rolleyes: If you don't think so, ask my wife.

No I take that back!! Please don't ask my wife!!That would just be more ammunition for her. Her weapons are always locked and loaded already.:p

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Her weapons are always locked and loaded already.

Mine went the "club" route: she uses a 14" cast iron frying pan.

No ammo needed! Strangest thing, though, whenever I see it in her hands, the next thing I know, there is the LOUDEST ringing sound in my head, and everything kinda goes blank for a while. I blame it all on a fear response, though...

:D :D

And my response was the Senile, not Senior, version. I may BE a senior, but I absolutely refuse to grow up! At our age, they call it senile. Younger, you're just crazy.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

"And my response was the Senile, not Senior, version. I may BE a senior, but I absolutely refuse to grow up! At our age, they call it senile. Younger, you're just crazy".

When you die, die young, as late as possible.

Ray

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Archived