I Was About To Give Up Zippy Saved Me

casey jones

I have all of Mr John B. Loney Jr. airplanes, then I ran into a sound problem with his Piper PA31 Navajo for

FS2004...the sound did not work, I tried everything I could think of to get the sound to work, finally I

gave up and came to the FS9 Forum for help. When I opened the FS9 forum there was the answer right

in front of me, a gentleman ha the same problem but he had no sound in his I think Boeing Jet, Zippy

had him go to the Aircraft.cgf file and open it if the sound showed: Sound:CFM it is wrong instead it

should be: Sound=. I then went back to Mr Loney's Piper PA31 Navajo and there it was, in the aircraft.cgf

for sound, it had a 1 by the sound=1 this is not correct, it should be Sound= that's all, I am amazed that

people who have downloaded Mr Loney's Piper PA 31 Navajo have missed this. My thanks to Zippy I wish

him fortune.

Casey

I know how you feel Casey. It was me and it was Airbus, actually ...

Now if Zippy could just work the same magic with my "Problem installing WOAI updates" post, then I will propose him for sainthood and you can second me. ;);)

Saint Zippy here! Do I need to bring my big WOAI hammer along?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I personally found over the many years of downloading freeware that an awful lot of aircraft have incorrect extensions in the aircraft config file. (Sound, panel, texture, etc.) I can't believe that the authors do not try-out their wonderful creations before uploading them to the flight sim world. But, I always go directly to the config file first if there's a problem. (I can't recall this particular problem in any payware purchases). I'm not an ingrate, and I realize it takes many, many hours, and much effort to create freeware, but this has always perplexed me.

Hello,

I personally found over the many years of downloading freeware that an awful lot of aircraft have incorrect extensions in the aircraft config file. (Sound, panel, texture, etc.) I can't believe that the authors do not try-out their wonderful creations before uploading them to the flight sim

Methink they are testing their creation .. on their FS installation

What is missing for you (incorrect extensions) is not missing in their FS installation (sounds or panels .. effects .. etc ...) .. and so all work fine for them

They just forget to set the aircraft.cfg to a default one (about sounds .. etc ..) and as not providing the missing file .. the "customer" have some problems (easy to correct for a FS nerd .. but not so easy for newbies ..)

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

There are modelers, and painters, and panel makers, and gauge makers (Rob) and scenery makers, but there are no Flight Dynamics (cfg and air) Mechanics. I am a FDE Mechanic. The first thing I also do after I download a 'sim object' (it could be an elephant or a tank) is to go into the aircraft.cfg and put the sections in a certain order I designed myself. You find duplicate sections that way (it HAPPENS). Then I look at each section and look for wrong values (over/under limit, negative instead of positive (it too happens). Then check for overload (weight and balance) then proceed to the contact point (and floats if there). I find errors and fix. I trial-n-error values for compression and float compression (they DON'T need any!!!). Remove water rudder (they don't need that either) and add steering to rear floats. Then correct values (going by SDK) in other sections and correct those (vacumn, brakes (add differential braking), flap lift/drag/pitch, Oswald, fuel flow, spoiler, pitch trim limit, etc). Then check accuracy of 'views.x'. Then effects, and exits (they describe 3 exits but list only one (cheesh). The list goes on. Then I go to air file. There is usually a few things 'off kilter' there. Then I fly it. I do this to every 'sim object' I download. I HAVE offered my 'services' to a few but they just reply: 'No thanks - we got it how we want it'. (HA). So there. But I am still doing 'Mechanic' work for myself (it is REQUIRED) as most modelers don't know ANYTHING about flight dynamics (but won't admit it). This problem will always be there. And since I don't own ANY payware 'sim objects' I can't talk (but I KNOW of A LOT of cases where even they screw up). Now, if I am every (I doubt it) asked to do FDEs I will just say I am RETIRED and don't work anymore. Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I wish I had napamule2 expertise on tweaking the cfg. I too open it up and spot things and re-organise the cfg and as said I often spot mistakes and take out stuff not needed, things I know of that is.

An aircraft I recently downloaded had the model=C in the downloaded folder there were 3 models but none of them were C so after a bit of changing names I found the right one, the uploader hadn't changed the cfg to the correct model name.

I've spent many hours as lots of you people have fathoming out why certain aircraft don't behave properly often finding out it was a simple mistake in the cfg.

I, too, have used Chuck's services in several instances, some he volunteered to help, others I asked for his assistance. I know of no other person, at least on this site, with his ability, and I thank him for all his help!!!

Archived