Rudder problem

Tigani

Hello

I have a problem with PSS 777 rudders , I use keyboard buttons to control it

the problem is when i want to turn and I just click the button I get really hard and fast turn

is there a way to reduce rudder effect by aircraft.cfg or FSuipc ?

Is this a turn in the air while flying or a turn while taxiing? Is one button click giving you a full rudder deflection?

No i mean on the ground while taxing

yes only one simple click give me full hard turn

No i mean on the ground while taxing

yes only one simple click give me full hard turn

I would be looking for a keyboard sensitivity adjustment. Is this the only aircraft that does this?

In the aircraft.cfg do you have a setting that looks like this? Not sure if this will be an effective adjustment or not.

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0

parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0

induced_drag_scalar = 1.0

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_effectiveness = 1.0

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I would be looking for a keyboard sensitivity adjustment. Is this the only aircraft that does this?

In the aircraft.cfg do you have a setting that looks like this? Not sure if this will be an effective adjustment or not.

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0

parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0

induced_drag_scalar = 1.0

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_effectiveness = 1.0

The [keyboard] section would be more effective than [flight_tuning].

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have this in keyboard response :

[keyboard_response]

elevator = 150, 250

aileron = 150, 250

rudder = 150, 250

and this in flight tuning

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar=1.0

parasite_drag_scalar=0.9

induced_drag_scalar=1.0

elevator_effectiveness=1.0

aileron_effectiveness=1.0

rudder_effectiveness=1.0

I remember when i had PA A320 i didn’t had this problem

the rudder was so smooth in turns and perfect

I have this in keyboard response :

[keyboard_response]

elevator = 150, 250

aileron = 150, 250

rudder = 150, 250

and this in flight tuning

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar=1.0

parasite_drag_scalar=0.9

induced_drag_scalar=1.0

elevator_effectiveness=1.0

aileron_effectiveness=1.0

rudder_effectiveness=1.0

I remember when i had PA A320 i didn’t had this problem

the rudder was so smooth in turns and perfect

Not all payware aircraft come from the same developers. Try some changes in the [keyboard_response] for the rudder and see if it helps.

Not all payware aircraft come from the same developers. Try some changes in the [keyboard_response] for the rudder and see if it helps.

so how should I change it ?

make it less ?

[keyboard_response]

elevator = 150, 250

aileron = 150, 250

rudder = 150, 250

so how should I change it ?

make it less ?

[keyboard_response]

elevator = 150, 250

aileron = 150, 250

rudder = 150, 250

Try it one way and test. If better, then go a little more the same way. If worse, then go the opposite direction with the numbers.

That won't do it. Keyboard response if changed to taxi speeds (5,15 kts)would mess up your turns when in the air (and going 150,250 kts).

First he needs to turn OFF 'Auto Rudder'. Then he needs to use 10-Key's 'INS' (0) AND 'ENTER' keys to make turns in incremental steps (with '5' key to reset to centered (ie: straight). Then you might want to further tune by changeing the 'steer angle' value in (Contact_Points) section of aircraft.cfg. If steer angle is 90.000 then change it to 40.000 and try it. Of course speed has something to do with how well the tube (heavy) handles on the ground. Takes practice.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

For heavens sake just tell your parents to buy you a joystick with a twist grip for rudder control; as any parents worth their salt would be glad their son is sitting up in his room on the computer instead of running around with the local street gang mistreating fluffy kittens or whatever..;)

ROFL - Best answer!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well I don't know about me hanging with the wrong crowd, but my girlfriend's cat got on my keyboard.....ONCE! Never did it again! (Talk about 'fluffy kitten' - hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived