ORBX ftx with P3D Question?

Rupert

I'm trying to load ORBX ftx scenery from discs to P3d and it goes fie until it tries to finish then I get an error.

"Radio Buttons > On Next, Line 13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1: [Radio Buttons . On Next] Line: 13 in main chunk"

I've tried this with three (3) different areas of scenery & get the same error each time. I hope this isn't a long repeated question, but I didn't notice that it was.

Any suggestions??:confused::confused:

Thanks in advance!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Not sure the disks were ever released for P3D?

You might try installing the FTX libraries (latest version released today) as that also carries the FTX Central v2 you need to manage the installations - chances are your error is because those disks are trying to install FTX Central v1

Usually the installer fails at the beginning by not locating the folders. But with the way Orbx uses script files it's really hard to say what could cause the error.

I just googled "Radio Buttons > On Next, Line 13: Argument 2 must be of type string." and got a slew of hits so you're not alone. A quick glance at one indicated a registry hack needed.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

When seeing the message shown above it refers to the DVD installers which were made for P3D V1 , had the same " problem " myself , they wouldn't install in V2 or V3 without some extra effort . Eventually bought the migration tool myself .

John

Just a comment - Although many report success with the EMT, I have heard reports of many people trashing their install by using it. I personally have repaired several for friends.

So use at your own risk - if it works great - if not.....

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

When I first encountered the message shown in the OP , it seemed that the ONLY option for the DVD's that I had was to purchase a new installer at some €4.50 each . People who had downloaded sceneries only had to download a new installer at no extra cost . As I had several ORBX products it was simply cheaper to buy the migration tool ( nothing lost , nothing gained ) and had no problems whatsoever installing the sceneries . My only " mistake " was wanting a " hard copy " in the first place . Have in the past lost 2 external drives where my legally downloaded software was backed up only to discover that my download links had " expired " .

John

I think it costs 4.50 if you purchased the boxed DVDs somewhere besides FSS, if I'm not mistaken that's the fee for the "cross-grade offer" which IIRC involves you emailing a photo of the DVD box and some form of ID or something to FSS after which you're allowed to download the latest installer.

If you bought the DVD boxes from FSS then all you should have to do is log in to FSS and "purchase" the download versions of your boxed items, they'll show up in your cart for $0.00 and after processing the order you'll have access to the latest download version with the Quad installer (providing a quad installer has been released at this point). I had to do this for NZSI and S43 Harvey Field myself and it went off without a hitch.

Yep, the DVD boxes are useless, they make a nice decoration for your book case and that's about all. They stopped doing DVD boxes after SAK I believe which was early 2013 so none of them will install into P3D v2.x or beyond.

"Dual installer" covers FSX & P3D v1.4, "Triple installer" covers FSX, P3D v1.4, and P3D v2.x, "Quad installer" handles FSX, P3D v1.4, P3D v2.x, and P3D v3.x.

As Jim says, boxed DVD is useless. Many of the later patches fix specific issues with P3D.

If you can't install without EMT, which is a horror story in itself, consider the cross-grade offer to get access to the updates, both now and in the future.

Thanks Vic,

If I have an afternoon to kill, I might give it a try. Meanwhile, I'll probably fly FSX.

I never thought loading something advertised and listed for P3D wouldn't work! And I've never gotten a satisfactory answer on the ORBX sites to any question I've ever asked. If the ORBX product weren't so good when it runs, I'd probably have dropped it and looked for an alternative years ago.

Thanks to you other guys for advice as well. I may go online and do downloads that way. My ORBX license is good. I just don't have the fastest internet so I hate to tie up the computer for hours at a time downloading big packets. That's why I ordered the discs as well. They've always worked great with FSX. This is my first attempt using them with P3D.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived