Watch out for Windows 10.

Double J

It doesn't really self destruct of course.

I mean it is sent as an update for your current OS, but it actually upgrades your OS to Win10. Something you receive no warning of. And something I definitly do not want. A free offer should be just that, an offer. Not something that gets forced on you without warning.

Well, instead of accepting the free offer, buy the same thing then after July!

Over 100 million installs of Windows 10, cannot all be wrong?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, a free OS from the people who would charge us for the air we breathe if they could! I mean when I bought my copy of Win7 I thought I could use it on different PCs only to find out nope, I'd have to buy a separate copy of the OS for each PC I want to use it on ! WTF ! Compare that to what FL Studio (a music software) offers its customers.

HOW COULD YOU EVER THINK THAT YOU COULD USE AN OS ON MULTIPLE MACHINES?

MAYBE READ THE EULA's OF SOFTWARE YOU BUY?

I want those who call us "conspiracy theorists" to answer me, why can't I have a say in what OS I WANT on my own PC, and why does MS think it has the right to force this spyware (win10) on me? Oh, did I mention the issues of the Start Menu and the task bar that keep refusing to work for a lot of the users without there being a real fix to the problem?

START MENU & TASK BAR PROBLEMS? Please mention what they are. It's all been fine for me, so far.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Spyware??

Lol, you do realise, of course, that XP, W7,W8 & 8.1 phoned home as well??

How can you be sure that Google is not going through all your info & request? Map not going though your searches? Your phone & GPS not stealing your info? maybe Android is selling your info?

Why not rant about Android, Google, Garmin, Here, TomTom & a whole bunch of others that have your info! Most of those guys auto update your software anyway!

Yes, we DO call you Conspiracy Theorists, nay, Conspiracy Practicioners!

Yup, it's always Microsoft that's being bashed, no-one else.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hmmm, a free OS from the people who would charge us for the air we breathe if they could! I mean when I bought my copy of Win7 I thought I could use it on different PCs only to find out nope, I'd have to buy a separate copy of the OS for each PC I want to use it on ! WTF ! Compare that to what FL Studio (a music software) offers its customers.

HOW COULD YOU EVER THINK THAT YOU COULD USE AN OS ON MULTIPLE MACHINES?

MAYBE READ THE EULA's OF SOFTWARE YOU BUY?

I want those who call us "conspiracy theorists" to answer me, why can't I have a say in what OS I WANT on my own PC, and why does MS think it has the right to force this spyware (win10) on me? Oh, did I mention the issues of the Start Menu and the task bar that keep refusing to work for a lot of the users without there being a real fix to the problem?

START MENU & TASK BAR PROBLEMS? Please mention what they are. It's all been fine for me, so far.

Oh yeah, how could I ever think I could use one Win OS on different machines!! Such a horrible and unthinkable thing to think! Isn't it? I really can't think of a word to describe people like you. Some OS are being GIVEN FOR FREE. Ever heard of Linux ? Yeah yeah, linux is garbage blah blah blah. Everthing I have purchased that came on a CD/dvd or even downloaded I can use on as many PCs as I want, well except for my Win7 that is. But to you that's too much to expect from the poor guys at MS. But anyway, you're missing my point - that such greedy blood suckers are suddenly giving away a whole new OS...for free!

"START MENU & TASK BAR PROBLEMS? Please mention what they are. It's all been fine for me, so far". Lol. I expect something like this from someone like you. So because you've had no problem that means no one else is having this problem, right? That's how you see things? If I don't see it, it doesn't exist. Right? Well, You have a PC and a keyboard, try to google "Win 10 start menu....", you don't even have to type the rest of the sentence, which is "isn't working" because you'll get millions of hits as soon as you enter the first 4 mentioned words. That just shows how common this problem is. Do that and tell me what you find, smart guy. Or try Youtube and see what you find there. You'd be surprised by the number of people who had to go back to whatever OS they had prior to the "update" because the Start Menu, apps, and the task bar would NOT work. I was one of those people. And how does MS fix this problem? Well, it doesn't. They expect us to try and fix this ourselves. They even boldly tell us the only way for many might be to do a clean install, wiping off everything on the PC! Really? I guess MS was in such a hurry to release their spyware they call Win10 that they didn't even bother to make sure this crap worked properly. Oh and YES, there are some programs/software that dont work with Win10. Hell, even MS are clear about this, but you think because you had no issues then the problem doesn't exist. Again, I don't see it, it doesn't exist.

MS and their buddies love people like you. It's exactly the kind of people they want in this world and it's exactly why they can do what they're doing.

Oh yeah, how could I ever think I could use one Win OS on different machines!! Such a horrible and unthinkable thing to think! Isn't it? I really can't think of a word to describe people like you. Some OS are being GIVEN FOR FREE. Ever heard of Linux ? Yeah yeah, linux is garbage blah blah blah. Everthing I have purchased that came on a CD/dvd or even downloaded I can use on as many PCs as I want, well except for my Win7 that is. But to you that's too much to expect from the poor guys at MS.

"START MENU & TASK BAR PROBLEMS? Please mention what they are. It's all been fine for me, so far". Lol. I expect something like this from someone like you. So because you've had no problem that means no one else is having this problem, right? That's how you see things? If I don't see it, it doesn't exist. Right? Well, You have a PC and a keyboard, try to google "Win 10 start menu....", you don't even have to type the rest of the sentence, which is "isn't working" because you'll get millions of hits as soon as you enter the first 4 mentioned words. That just shows how common this problem is. Do that and tell me what you find, smart guy. Or try Youtube and see what you find there. You'd be surprised by the number of people who had to go back to whatever OS they had prior to the "update" because the Start Menu, apps, and the task bar would NOT work. I was one of those people. And how does MS fix this problem? Well, it doesn't. They expect us to try and fix this ourselves. They even boldly tell us the only way for many might be to do a clean install, wiping off everything on the PC! Really? I guess MS was in such a hurry to release their spyware they call Win10 that they didn't even bother to make sure this crap worked properly. Oh and YES, there are some programs/software that dont work with Win10. Hell, even MS are clear about this, but you think because you had no issues then the problem doesn't exist. Again, I don't see it, it doesn't exist.

MS and their buddies love people like you. It's exactly the kind of people they want in this world and it's exactly why they can do what they're doing.

Why don't you just buy a Mac. Then you can join the rest of the people who can't use a computer waiting in line at the Genius bar. MS isn't going to help you, they already gave you a discount. You want support from them you are welcome to pay the $300 dollar asking price or whatever it is these days at retail and you'll get 90 days free support.

Spyware??

Lol, you do realise, of course, that XP, W7,W8 & 8.1 phoned home as well??

How can you be sure that Google is not going through all your info & request? Map not going though your searches? Your phone & GPS not stealing your info? maybe Android is selling your info?

Why not rant about Android, Google, Garmin, Here, TomTom & a whole bunch of others that have your info! Most of those guys auto update your software anyway!

Yes, we DO call you Conspiracy Theorists, nay, Conspiracy Practicioners!

Yup, it's always Microsoft that's being bashed, no-one else.

You know we get this site for free too.... maybe just maybe, oh yeah Google tracks everything you do here. I was watching youtube and the ad was for Flight Simulator cockpit parts. I wonder how they knew I like flightsims!

Erm... People like me? You do not even know me!!

AS far as I can recall, Windows has always been released as an OS for 1x machine only, as has most payware programs, &, even, believe it or not, some of our favourite add-ons.

& yes, I have heard about Linux & as far as I can remember, I have never dissed Linux.

Start Menu problems.. Well, in 10 Google pages, I found 12 issues, the last being addressed in August 2015. I was not going to search any further for the millions of hits claimed. I've 2x laptops, an i5 Win7 & a Celeron Win8.1. I updated very early to Win 10. The W7 updated seamlessly, the W8.1 Celeron one, I rolled back as, yes, the Start did not work. 2x days later I tried again, perfection. And this was a week after W10 had been released. Great of MS to sort out the issues, as shown during my search, so quickly!

I have never said that problems do not exist. The only 2x issues I have had, was that I had to update my graphics drivers on the Celeron (originally W8.1) laptop,not surprising as it was about 14 months old & I had never done updates, & the webcam driver on my i5 (originally W7). Also not a surprise, as the webcam is a generic cam, with the last drivers dated 2007. As far as software not working, ummmmm, nothing I can think of.

I have graphics editing stuff & all kinds of stuff that I have been too lazy to get rid of, installed over the last 5 odd years. The only thing I dumped was a widget add-on.

My 3x versions of FS9, my FSX & my P3D (all installed into their default directories) have never given a day's problem, also as repeated by many folk on many forums. Yes, guys have had issues & these have been noted. There have been some programs that also did not work with W8.1 nor with W7.

Anyhow, I wish you all the best with Linux. There is no Holy Grail in OS's & software, & I have never claimed that I have found it.

It would also be appreciated that people like you refrain from personal attacks on people like me.

Have a great day, Sam.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

You know we get this site for free too.... maybe just maybe, oh yeah Google tracks everything you do here. I was watching youtube and the ad was for Flight Simulator cockpit parts. I wonder how they knew I like flightsims!

Yup, this is off topic bu have a look at http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/05/10/15-ways-google-monitors-you

They track you through GMail,Google searches, Chrome, Firefox, Android, Youtube, & a bunch others. They can do it, as accordings to the Terms of Service & Privacy policy accepted by yourself when activating a Google product. We never read these things do we? We just scroll down & click OK.

So, Sam, Any Google product you use is 'Spyware' as you call it.

I have to say it...Google and their buddies love people like you. It's exactly the kind of people they want in this world and it's exactly why they can do what they're doing

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Cole, No, of course not. FS2004, FSX & P3D all work perfectly, as reported on the forums.

FS2004 will not run on a Win10 system unless you are using the crack, or modify the registry. The same is true of any other legacy program that uses certain types of authentication.

DJ

Interestingly, from Steam..http://mygaming.co.za/news/pc/85897-windows-10-has-nearly-overtaken-windows-7-as-the-os-of-choice-for-steam-users.html

Steam Users:

W7 64bit - 34.32%

W10 64bit - 32.77%

W7 32bit - 7.77%

XP - 2.32%

W8 64bit - 1.9%

Ubuntu 1.4 - .22%

& why W10 is 'free' .. remember, you already have a paid for OS (W7 or W8) that you are updating to W10!

Windows 10 uses a freemium business model, a business model that more than anything requires a user base, the larger the better.

The larger the Windows 10 install base, the more likely developers will produce apps for Windows. It also means more profitable advertising spaces as well as more users who are more likely to purchase premium subscriptions for the many services and applications offered by Microsoft.

Holdouts also mean Microsoft has to divide their resources as they spend huge sums of money on marketing those holdouts away from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Interesting numbers zwobbie1.

Another explanation for the "free" Win 10 update could be, that practically noone switched to Win8 willingly, so there was next to no money made in the aftermarket upgrade path. I don't know for sure, but I figure that the Win 10 that you get with new hardware is not free, and Microsoft get their share with every piece of equipment sold. I mean, even if they only get 30$ per copy (arbitrary number) that would be $9 bn per year - I can't imagine that they just let this slide. So if they were anticipating the same unwillingness for the W7 - W10 upgrade path, they may have decided to do that for free, hoping to finally push the stubborn W7 die-hards "up" the stairs.

I bought and paid for Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit; when I purchased my Alienware laptop it came with Win 8.1 which I had previously encountered and discarded as 'not fit for purpose' and took the conscious decision to BUY MY CHOICE of OS; and reached that decision after looking at options; I chose Ultimate because it has facilities that other versions don't (multi-lingual interface etc etc) and the ability to do more 'under the bonnet'

too. I installed all SSDs to replace the spinners and retained the drive with 8.1 on.

Out of curiousity I re-installed the 8.1 drive and allowed the Win 10 'update' to install. It took me an evening to decide that I simply do not like it. I don't care that it is 'free' or 'better' or any of the other superlatives used to describe it. I JUST DIDN'T LIKE IT.....

I then refitted my SSDs and carried on with Windows 7. I have used registry keys to prevent OS updates and reconfigured Windows Updates to allow ME to decide what gets installed; I hide the KBs that are to do with Win 10 and have to check each and every one due to the opacity of MS descriptions before updating. I am aware that MS keep re-issuing some of the preparatory items so constantly watch out for these downloads and re-hide them until they next rear their little heads (KB3035583 for example.) and additionally use GWX Control Panel and DWS to ensure that MS have not insinuated any files onto my system on the sly.....

I just wish that MS would get it through their silly heads that some users, foolish misguided obstinate fools that we are, simply do not want Windows 10 under any circumstances; aside from not being willing to accept the loss of functions from downgrading to Win10, I'm also not prepared to lose some 'legacy' programs that will not and will never be made to run under 10.I spent a not-inconsiderable amount of time creating mods for some of these and don't intend losing these simply for Microsoft and their advertising/monetizing co-belligerents to make even more money. And I hate the look of it too.....

So if anyone from Microsoft is reading, I'll do anything and everything within my power to prevent any telemetry/Win10 related rubbish from ever installing on my system, it's beginning to feel a bit like 'Invasion of the Bodysnatchers' and I'm scared to fall asleep in case MS install Win10 on my system while I am dozing and turn me into one of the 'Pod People'.........

Just imagine if other manufacturers adopted the Windows 10 methods; you park your immaculate 1957 Chevy Bel-Air outside the house and find that overnight that GM have come round and swapped it for a Sonic..............

Since the Win 10 adopters seem happy despite all the hoopla, will one of you please explain what Win 10 offers that you cannot do in with Win7/8/8.1. What compelling feature(s) is MS offering with the new OS?

Note - I am asking about the benefits for the user - Not Microsoft.

Sure, you can get a PC/laptop with a 'free' OS, but we all know that ithe OS's price has been built in.

I'm not too sure as to what functions has been lost by upgrading to W10. If we can get some sort of explanation please, also as to what a 'legacy' program is?

Paxx, I've tried to work out a short & sweet synopsis of the benefits of Windows 10, but, as there are many, I'm sure to leave out what may be of importance to you, so, I suggest, if you would like a comprehensive list, just google ' benefits of Windows 10' & you will be pleasantly surprised.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Just a few issues from random users I know.

(well known issues btw.)

1-upgraded, no longer had office2010 after upgrade, vital for work. No longer had a restore partition, wanted to go back to win7, but hey, things came up. Did't roll back in time, and is now angry he can't roll back and has no way of installing 7 either. So now forced to buy Office2016.

2-upgraded. Lost his anti-virus. Could no longer open certain files for work. Told me recently he is thinking about reinstalling Win7, but as it turns out, he too had a restore partitioon that is now gone. So no way of going back.

3-Asked me: "Since a while my Windows looks different. You know about computers. What could have happened?".

Two questions later I found out he had upgraded. He was very surprised. He had seen the offer about "download win 10" pop up in his taskbar, and thought "that sounds good", so clicked on it.

Had no idea that "Download Win10", acually meant: "download and install Win10"

4-several people told me that they liked the look of Win10, but they were very glad their laptop had not upgraded itself. Because their expensive printer did not work with Win10.

Anyway zwobby, what's it to you.

What makes you think you can decide what I should do? Or any of the others here.

This thread is not trying to tell people to stay away from Win7. It was started to warn people that don't want Win7 of yet a new update pushing it in a hidden way.

All Windows tells about the new kb is:

"recommended update. "may improve sequrity in windows" updates the windows update utility".

You need to Google around to even find out on independent sites that it is going to add a popup to your taskbar that offers you Win10 every 5 minutes.

Not very fair of MS to give you no warning of that. No mention of Win10 in any of what they say about this kb update.

I think if you are honest you will agree that's not fair.

I for one am very glad 'DoubleJ' posted the warning.

When I looked into this yesterday I saw some sites actually reporting that this got in even with automatic updates off, so I was also glad I made a system image only two days ago. Thankfully that wasn't needed to fix it.

This time, because who knows how they will try to slip it in next time...

Luckily I saw this thread in time. When I woke up today, indeed the new update was in 'recommended updates'.

Thankfully I had 'automatic updates' off.

I thought by refusing the Win10 stuff months ago I was rid of it, but these updates were still appearing. So today I looked into it further, and found that the "get windows 10 App" was active on my pc, hidden.

Not too happy about finding that out.

It looks like for months the "App" has been trying and failing to download the Win10 installer.

Again, no notice. And no uninstaller offered for the App.

With help from the links I gave in this thread I was able to stop that. It gives me a more comfortable feeling, and actually my pc got a bit more responsive as well. No more minute of spinning cursor after startup, programs load noticably faster. Load and run. The last full virus scans I did the HDD was thrashing so much I thought it might be failing. Now, after I disabled the "get Win10 App" no more thrashing, and scan is finished in less then half the time.

When it was announced everyone would get Win10 for free I thought,that sounds good.

An iso of Win10, downloaded to your PC. That you can then burn to a disk, and install on any computer any way you see fit. Then activate after installing.

Great.

But that's not what it was. Only way to find out what it was was by hearing from people that actually tried it.

MS said everything, every program, would "just magically seemlessly work". Turns out now it does not.

It was also said it would be easy to roll back. There's plenty of examples where that did not go smoothly either.

I don't see why you take this personal. I'm not criticising you for choosing Win10. Fine by me.

I just don't want the free upgrade. I don't want it shoved onto my pc under false pretenses.

I don't like the lack of communication by those who are doing that.

And yes, I'm fine with buying Win10, for a new PC. And keeping this pc as well running Win7. I may use this one as a gaming computer.That way, for less then 200$ I have the best of both worlds. (Win10 64 bit pro is in the stores at the moment for less then 200$, and possibly even less in future.)

One day I will get a new computer that runs Win10, no way around that I think, or, well, maybe I'll get a mac, no idea yet.

But I would like to keep this PC as well, with Win7 on it, to use for FSX for example.

I think I should have that choice. Not something MS, or you, can decide for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have never said that everyone MUST upgrade to Windows 10. I certainly am not deciding, to forcing anyone to upgrade. All I originally said that the paranoia is unbelievable.

As I have posted before, Google knows a heck lot more about you than Microsoft does, so the 'Spyware/Big Brother' story is basically null & void.

I actually upgraded, at my leisure, by using the MediaCreationTool instead of the icon sitting in the toolbar.

Your comment.. 'An iso of Win10, downloaded to your PC. That you can then burn to a disk, and install on any computer any way you see fit. Then activate after installing.' It was never mentioned that things would work that way. It was always said that Windows 10 would initially be a service upgrade of qualifying Windows 7 & Windows 8/8.1 owners. Anyone else can have the option to purchase, should they wish to.

My poor little Celeron 2GB laptop was upgraded by using that media creation tool. Everything worked. My Avast anti virus has never skipped a beat & I lost nothing, even after rolling back to my previous Windows 8.1, & this on a very entry level HP laptop.

I also have found, as many others have, that things work faster as well.

As you know, Windows 10 has become a 'Recommended Update' & you still have the option to say 'NO', so, unless YOU say yes, neither MS or myself can decide to update your PC.

Times change. the older programs we have were written for the current hardware & software at the time. It is very difficult to expect 'old', & I say that with respect, to function 100% on modern OS's & hardware. Yes, there are guys that love the older software that they are accustomed to, however, imagine expecting one of the older flight sims, FS2000, for example, to run 100% perfectly. Sometimes you have to move on. Older graphics cards will also fall over. Remember the old mice with the ball that needed cleaning.. Sometimes we gotta bite the bullet!

If you want to stay with what you have, great, for me, & I'm sure most of the 85 million other users, we've been pretty happy, & not afraid to say so. When I do find a problem with my older software, I will post an apology.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

A quickie with your No. 1 point..

1-upgraded, no longer had office2010 after upgrade, vital for work. No longer had a restore partition, wanted to go back to win7, but hey, things came up. Did't roll back in time, and is now angry he can't roll back and has no way of installing 7 either. So now forced to buy Office2016

The mistake was that you tried to restore, NOT to RECOVER. Yup, Restoring sucks, it never works correctly.

It was very talked about, from July last year, when Windows 10 started to become available.. & it can be done within 30 days of the Win 10 upgrade.

"To access the Recover Option, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows".

I did this twice, as a test, on my very basic laptop. Nothing lost

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Interesting numbers zwobbie1.

Another explanation for the "free" Win 10 update could be, that practically noone switched to Win8 willingly, so there was next to no money made in the aftermarket upgrade path. I don't know for sure, but I figure that the Win 10 that you get with new hardware is not free, and Microsoft get their share with every piece of equipment sold. I mean, even if they only get 30$ per copy (arbitrary number) that would be $9 bn per year - I can't imagine that they just let this slide. So if they were anticipating the same unwillingness for the W7 - W10 upgrade path, they may have decided to do that for free, hoping to finally push the stubborn W7 die-hards "up" the stairs.

Main reason is by moving people to Windows 10 they can more readily push updates and keep the application development moving at a quicker pace. So basically the Operating System Version that everyone is using is aligned with the Developer tools that are the most current.

Upgrade revenue is not nearly as important as the technology being current and hence relevant. Especially now as we move things more towards the cloud, the next generation in computing.

Sure, you can get a PC/laptop with a 'free' OS, but we all know that ithe OS's price has been built in.

I'm not too sure as to what functions has been lost by upgrading to W10. If we can get some sort of explanation please, also as to what a 'legacy' program is?

Paxx, I've tried to work out a short & sweet synopsis of the benefits of Windows 10, but, as there are many, I'm sure to leave out what may be of importance to you, so, I suggest, if you would like a comprehensive list, just google ' benefits of Windows 10' & you will be pleasantly surprised.

So "free" and no functions lost? Ok.

I could also google "Why Win 10 suxxorz" and get plenty of surprising answers. Fact is I've done both. Fact is I have also used Win 10 (Enterprise) since last spring (DEV Evaluation) on a test system(s). Fact is I have asked the same question with a visiting Microsoft business sales specialist and while he had a long list of "great things", none of them offered any advantage for what we do and how we do it at this time. I told him we'll probably re-evaluate in three years. He left unhappy.

Aside from all the middle-man marketing bs, a restrictive and Disneyesque EULA, pointless metro vestiges, and desperation techniques to expand the user base its a great OS. Unfortunately for Microsoft their new business model has taken a direction I find unacceptable (mainly their reserving the right to look at any file at any time on your computer and make a copy for their, or others, purposes). Their cloud service EULAs enabling them to "legally" pirate user content at will is also disconcerting. Frankly Microsoft is asking us to trust them. I don't.

Just not for me. Its ok to say No.

Aside from all the middle-man marketing bs, a restrictive and Disneyesque EULA, pointless metro vestiges, and desperation techniques to expand the user base its a great OS. Unfortunately for Microsoft their new business model has taken a direction I find unacceptable (mainly their reserving the right to look at any file at any time on your computer and make a copy for their, or others, purposes). Their cloud service EULAs enabling them to "legally" pirate user content at will is also disconcerting. Frankly Microsoft is asking us to trust them. I don't.

Just not for me. Its ok to say No.

None of which is true... why do you lie.... do you really need to make up points when you could just sit there and say nothing.

None of which is true... why do you lie.... do you really need to make up points when you could just sit there and say nothing.

And are you on the payroll of Microsoft? If not, you should be.

MICROSOFT HAS NEVER GIVEN ANYTHING AWAY. THEY SEE 10 AS A PROFIT CENTER. I won't play their game.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

And are you on the payroll of Microsoft? If not, you should be.

MICROSOFT HAS NEVER GIVEN ANYTHING AWAY. THEY SEE 10 AS A PROFIT CENTER. I won't play their game.

They have never given anything away? Are you joking me? You have no idea what you are talking about. Why not just go to http://www.microsoft.com/download and see for yourself what they give away that's not prepacked with the OS.

The fact is the main beef every single competitor has had with MS in the past 40 years is they give too much away.

They have never given anything away? Are you joking me? You have no idea what you are talking about. Why not just go to http://www.microsoft.com/download and see for yourself what they give away that's not prepacked with the OS.

The fact is the main beef every single competitor has had with MS in the past 40 years is they give too much away.

Then why does everyone I've talked with, including the company where my wife works, have to buy the new OFFICE program when OFFICE 2010 which they had previously bought, worked fine with 7 but won't with 10? Why do you have to buy 10 Pro to be able to control when your computer gets "updated?" etc.

MICROSOFT DOESN'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY! THEY JUST CONTINUE TO LEAD PEOPLE ON!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived