Cessna 182 from A2A

suden111

Hi guys, I have FSX steam & plan to buy 2 planes,

Cessna 182 from A2A

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=74&zenid=5c6ca21980cf7a18d9767d9a0d2e2674

& Cessna Citation Mustang from Flight 1

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

1. Are they about the best in their respective categories?

2. I have the bundle Pro flight yoke, throttle & rudders from Saitek, is everything gonna be fine to fly them or I need to buy the Cessna yoke?

3. Is there a way to bypass all the maintenance & all the checks you have to do before you use the Cessna 182 (don't want to spend 45 minutes in the garage before each flight)

4. Is it a good investment?

5. Is there something else I should know before I buy them? What do you think?

Hi guys, I have FSX steam & plan to buy 2 planes,

Cessna 182 from A2A

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=74&zenid=5c6ca21980cf7a18d9767d9a0d2e2674

& Cessna Citation Mustang from Flight 1

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

1. Are they about the best in their respective categories?

2. I have the bundle Pro flight yoke, throttle & rudders from Saitek, is everything gonna be fine to fly them or I need to buy the Cessna yoke?

3. Is there a way to bypass all the maintenance & all the checks you have to do before you use the Cessna 182 (don't want to spend 45 minutes in the garage before each flight)

4. Is it a good investment?

5. Is there something else I should know before I buy them? What do you think?

Yes, the 182 is the best. Yes you can bypass the complexities, but then why not just buy something cheaper? It's 5 minutes for a walkround once you know what you're doing. It's a `hangar`, not a `garage`.

The Mustang is old, tired by the standards of today. Can do better.

What's the purpose of buying quality payware aircraft if you don't want to go through the proper procedures to fly it. That's pretty much the jist of having a quality plane. It's like owning a real one

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi...

Yep - I'll kind of echo what Zippy said - you're paying good money to get everything to work like the real deal... If desired - I believe there is a switch on the A2A GUI to turn off maintenance issues therefore why preflight ?

A2A is the PMDG of GA flying - so you can't go wrong... Lately - I'm really liking the MilViz C310 and B55 as they are also exceptionally well done planes...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

What's the purpose of buying quality payware aircraft if you don't want to go through the proper procedures to fly it. That's pretty much the jist of having a quality plane. It's like owning a real one

Yeah you're right. May be I was too anxious to fly it. And it won't be a problem even if I don't have a cessna yoke?

Yeah you're right. May be I was too anxious to fly it. And it won't be a problem even if I don't have a cessna yoke?

Saitek ProFlight and Cessna yoke are basicially the same hardware AFAIK. I briefly had the Cessna Yoke but it was awful and I sent it back. If you have a Proflight and are happy with it, just stick to that.

All yokes are USB game controllers with two axis potentiometers. Everything else on the yoke is just addons (buttons, clocks, hat switches, whatnot). But in their primary function they are all the same to the sim. The only reason to switch hardware is if you are dissatisfied with the mechanical action. But to improve on that you have to go way beyond Saitek IMHO.

Archived