addit! Pro

svpst

I have also used this program for years and swear by it. It will tell you everything that is missing from an aircraft-gauges, sound, reference files, textures-everything- and offers to fix missing items if it finds them in other aircraft in your sim. You can also edit cfg files from within Addit Pro, simply hit save and you're done. I can't say enough good things about this software, worth every penny!

unclegreg

Its (addit!Pro) got me bamboozled. Just started to try and use it to addon one plane. It goes through the process and it tells me its finished. The plane shows up in simobjects perfectly but lo and behold, it does not appear in my current aircraft list. It tells me its finished, all parts of it appear in simobjects but no plane. What am i missing?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Look carefully at your airplane list and see if the name under the picture is correct. If the plane you just added doesn't have a Thumbnail it may be listed by name but it will then "nudge" the correct name over to the next picture. Look at the last airplane in your list, does it match the picture? Just an idea.

unclegreg

After reading Zippy's comment I decided to look a lot closer at this program so I'v learned a few things today, got some planes set up. I keep all my planes on a separate drive. FSX-SE is on my SSD and the planes are on an HDD. Question-When i want to set up a plane that exists out on my E: drive, Should I use "import" or "install?" or does it make a difference? Sometimes I've been over thinking it, making it more difficult. The ole "learn as you go thing." Thanks for everyone's assistance and advice.

I've looked all over for an explanation of what it means when things are written in red. I can only assume it means something is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

And another thing, lol. When you are importing, where does the program go to get the planes to be imported? I have a file with several planes I'd like to import, but i don;t know how to direct the import function to that folder. Should I just "install" them instead?

Brian W.

"Importing" means that the aircraft is already in your sim and you are importing it into Addit Pro. "Install" will install aircraft into your sim and Addit Pro at the same time. Yes, red lettering means something is wrong. Look for the menu bars: Configuration, Description, Identity and Report. If you get red lettering click on Report to find out what is wonky. From there you can click on Repair to see if Addit Pro can find missing items from your existing aircraft. Good Luck!

Did you find your missing airplane?

unclegreg

When I click on Steam it comes up with a message that says "Honda Jet Initialization failure" But it opens, so i click on Go to FSX and it does. The screen opens with the message "Honda Jet Initialization Failure" and the select airplane field is blank. But when I click on it it shows me my planes including my Honda Jet." I went into Addit but it won't let me remove it. So I went to FSX-SE and simply took Honda Jet out of Simobjects. I closed everything and restarted Steam, but i still get the "Honda Jet Initalization Failure" both in Steam and in FSX. How do I get rid of this thing? I think its addit causing the problem as it did not appear until i mistakenly imported Honda Jet.

Brian W.

I don't claim to know anything about addit!pro. I don't have it and actually only recently heard of it. However I am a huge fan of Honda Jet. I'd certainly try to reinstall it and use it. Especially since it's free. It's quite a nice plane & super fast too.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Well i reinstalled it and can fly it with no problems but I still get the Honda Jet Initialization failure message, lol. I've flow it for several years but just got addit pro.

Weird, I deleted it and installed it again. The problem went away and the plane shows up a flies nicely, however it has now become my default plane when i open the select aircraft screen. Its all working thanks for your help and the magic wand that corrected everything.

Brian W.

• 1 year later...

Archived