Told you before there's a conspiracy going on here....Sigh!!

peer01

Hahahahaha! I am totally in agreement with Gonzalo and Phil's comments. So funny! :p;) Smooth landing though. :cool:

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Hey there, Highness, how about this island?

Nadi Crash.jpg

Known as Nadi, it sports a good airport with long runways (good for Mr. Zippy and Adam), and it also has an ILS approach (good for Mr. Zippy and Adam). It has a substantial terminal and excellent medical facilities to which I can attest after my Von Peerhoven landing here. I have not yet had a chance to explore the local watering holes as the excellent medical staff has me in a bed with ropes attached to my feet, hung over a pipe over the foot of the bed and tied to large rocks.

Soon, I hope. The excellent medical staff has placed a second pipe over the bed now, this time at the head. They've tied a third rope around my neck and slung it over this new pipe, then tied a large rock to the end. Now, between the two rope/rock devices tied to my feet, and the one tied round my neck, I need never worry about bed sores as my body is stretched between these two pipes, elevated above the mattress by about a foot! When I asked why they were doing this, they said it had to do with the Von Peerhoven landing. Because it was so sudden and violent, the shock compacted and accordioned my frame. They say I'm, only 3'2" tall now, but they are confident that by attaching ever increasingly heavy rocks to each rope, the can get me back to my full 6' in time for the party.

That's a nice looking plane, Highness, I particularly like the "modification skid" you have attached to its belly to lessen the adverse effects of typical Von Peerhoven landings; it should serve you well! As you can see in the shot you posted, the nose was completely protected; well engineered, I'd say.

Goodness, I am gone for a week and missed the party. God I hate it when heavy work coincides with the wife being out of town. Anyway, don't worry Jan, I am back to defend you from all of those at flightsim (overwhelming majority I am afraid) who have such a terrible opinion about your landing skills. What scientific base do they use for this I ask??? forget about the high percentage of crash landings, water landings, roof landings, and the times the plane was never found. Those are all in the past now. Anyway, great post Jan, and excellent replies. Now I've got to try and enjoy the last two days before the grinchess/wife comes back from visiting the grandkids up north.:):cool::)

I can see your concern, Royalness, but I suggest if you fill that large, bulbus modification with an inert gas, the thing might just float when you try to touch down (either intentionally, or unintentionally) on water, that is if the inert gas didn't cause it to permanently fly upside down.

Bernardo, I take exception to your implications. I would never deal in slanderous, or overly inflated details of The Master's landings, after all, he is a Natural Born Airman, a Royal Highness (of some sort), and the Very Generous Chief Pilot and Head Instructor of the Von Peerhoven Aviation Academy. You can see from my post a few ago exactly how proficient he is; just study the perfection with which I set my B-55 in the ground at Nadi!

Well, your Royalness, I decided to test my inert gas theory in a sister-ship to your new plane. I bought an old junker (not Junkers) and modified it (as best I could) to duplicate the bulbous attachment you had placed on the belly of your fuselage, then I filled it with helium, a safe, inert gas. Just as I suspected, the gas filled bulb caused the contraption to turn belly-up and stay that way. After about fifteen minutes, you get conditioned and it almost seems a normal attitude.

duck-1.jpg

Landings are a different matter, however. As suspected, the gas filled bulb wants to float higher than any of the other parts. While this type of landing may seem natural and normal for you, I found it somewhat disquieting and would not recommend it for either Mr. Zippy or Adam!

Duck-2.jpg

Not one of my better ideas, Highness, I'd say it's back to the drawing board with the entire concept!

Well, it seems your bulbous contraption has stimulated interest in a proper fly-in at some remote island somewhere. It also seems the boys are ready for a good old fashioned Von Peerhoven wine, beer and cheese party, and it would appear that Adam has risen to the task of being ready to pull you from the drink, the Zipster has his inner-tube so he can swim ashore, I'll just play it safe and set my flying machine gently on the runway (even though I obviously passed the landing course at the Von Peerhoven Aviation Institute, I prefer the old, tried and true method, it's kinder and gentler on the airplane and leaves considerably more money on hand for entertainment)... So, pick an island, pick a date, and let's get on with it!

Archived