re-installed but still no good. I haven't changed anything on the PC, I run

Windows 10 but have disabled updates, I disabled the Antivirus and have

a good fibre broadband connection that connects to everything else, so I

am a bit confused to say the least:confused:

I have seen other people have the same problem, but all the company

seem to say is that their servers are up and running fine, so the problem

must be at my end, any ideas anybody?

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

I have seen other people have the same problem, but all the company seem to say is that their servers are up and running fine, so the problem must be at my end, any ideas anybody?

Here's a couple of things to try, with FSGRW shut down of course:

Launch Internet Explorer, then press Ctrl+F5. This clears the IE cache. Close IE again.

In the Start menu/Search programs and files window (or the Win10 equivalent!) type:

%temp% and press return. Select all the files in the window and delete them. If a warning pops up saying one or more are in use, skip them. Close the window again.

Now try launching FSGRW again and see if it connects.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Here's a couple of things to try, with FSGRW shut down of course:

Launch Internet Explorer, then press Ctrl+F5. This clears the IE cache. Close IE again.

In the Start menu/Search programs and files window (or the Win10 equivalent!) type:

%temp% and press return. Select all the files in the window and delete them. If a warning pops up saying one or more are in use, skip them. Close the window again.

Now try launching FSGRW again and see if it connects.

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice, I have just given it a go, but still no luck I afraid, it did

however bring up an exception dialogue this time though, as follows:

************** Exception Text **************

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException:

There was no endpoint listening at http://127.0.0.1:8084/WebAPI/WebApi.svc

that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address

or SOAP action.

See InnerException, if present, for more details. --->

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server --->

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the

target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect

(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal

(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()

There was some more text in the message, but I don't think any of it is relevant. The thing is FSMetar, which is a free programme connects fine:confused:, the other thing

is I can't find any configuration file to look at, odd.

Thanks for the help though, but I will probably have to do what many others seem to have done and just use something else:(

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

What puzzles me when I load AS6 it starts by saying connecting then it loads from various stations/airfields then it's done, I asked this earlier where or what is it connecting to and where is it getting the information?

Having said that I was in a flight earlier and there were distant clouds around 20 plus miles away but none above me yet it was raining, after a while the rain stopped but it spoiled any realism while it was raining as the sky above was clear.

AS6.5 is definitely finished as far as real-world current weather is concerned. The METAR time is always the same, which shows that the weather loaded is not real-time, but archived. I use REX 2004 + REX Weather engine now (which works really well for me), so after years and years I no even longer load up my AS6.5. Sad really. Hate it when companies pull the plug on a product to try to force you to buy their replacement, but that's life I guess!

Some years ago I preferred (for reasons I no longer recall) to use offline wx files rather than online real-world weather in AS6.5 (perhaps I had a bad internet connection or something). I created 366 of them, one for every day of the year, downloading archives of real-time weather to create each one.

If anyone would like me to upload the 366 wx files for use in AS6.5, I can do so.

Martin

Goodness, Martin, you are not suggesting they got the idea to do that from Microsoft?

I left AS a little while ago for the reasons given above, I just hope REX don't pull the same stunt (although it didn't cost much direct from the developers compared with elsewhere) but they do seem more focussed on looking after the end user than the AS people ever were.

As to your archived files, I haven't tried it lately but you certainly could until recently download archived weather from their server which I certainly found better than the stuck in time "current" weather which seemed to be diddling with rain and full of thick cloud everywhere I went. It must have been a bad day that day . . .

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Goodness, Martin, you are not suggesting they got the idea to do that from Microsoft?

Haha!! That very thought did occur to me as I wrote the reply (not surprising really), though I didn't actually put it.

Yes, I have always had really good customer service from REX and their weather engine so far gives very nice graphics in FS9.

127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address sometimes used for one application or process to connect with another listening on that address. A win firewall or antivirus might be blocking an application from using it.

In your firewall or antivirus try setting the application permissions involved to allow use of this port.

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice, I have just given it a go, but still no luck I afraid, it did

however bring up an exception dialogue this time though, as follows:

************** Exception Text **************

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException:

There was no endpoint listening at http://127.0.0.1:8084/WebAPI/WebApi.svc

that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address

or SOAP action.

See InnerException, if present, for more details. --->

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server --->

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the

target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect

(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal

(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()

There was some more text in the message, but I don't think any of it is relevant. The thing is FSMetar, which is a free programme connects fine:confused:, the other thing

is I can't find any configuration file to look at, odd.

Thanks for the help though, but I will probably have to do what many others seem to have done and just use something else:(

cheers

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love the FSGRW. Question ? I have read posts all over where people will use one weather program for weather, and another weather program for textures. Should i run FSGRW as a stand alone, or use the A.S 6.5 texture in combination. Any opinion.

nebojsa

Love the FSGRW. Question ? I have read posts all over where people will use one weather program for weather, and another weather program for textures. Should i run FSGRW as a stand alone, or use the A.S 6.5 texture in combination. Any opinion.

nebojsa

I do the opposite and use my own sky/cloud textures. But either approach works!

Try going to some of the airports listed that have localised weather. Some exciting approaches to try!

I was reading about another free weather program called FSRealWX Lite, I found a few links to download it but they all seem to be broken.

I went on their website but it seems you have to register plus no mention of the 'lite' version only the pro.

Then I also saw FSMetar, I downloaded it but I wasn't sure when I read the readme, it seems I might need to download other things for it but on the website they seem to be a few years old.

I've had to go back to AS6.5, much as I liked REX: I was plagued with flickering clouds, appearing and disappearing, which the weather settings in AS6.5 may not cure, but I suppose the haze etc. (which I have spent hours, in vain, trying to emulate without running AS6.5) covers up all that flickering and redrawing. I'd far rather use saved wx files and have good-looking, stable skies than have real-time weather with all those distracting 'now-you-see-me-now-you-don't' clouds ... was driving me nuts!!

Looked at FSGRW but it's quite a hefty investment. Is it preferable to ASE? I want to avoid those 'popping' clouds at all costs.

Are you using AS65 graphics? Have you set the graphics library choice to weather influenced?

That are some settings in fsuipc's weather tab some of which are controlled by AS65's weather options tab and some beyond. AS65 gives you the fsuipc weather interface registration to the advanced weather settings.

I myself, as you do, prefer downloading the current weather archive for the Z time of my flight departure area. This takes care of solar influences on the weather for at least the departure area.

Be sure the AS65 weather smoothing options are on and as advised you have not set FS to real world weather and set it to the clear weather theme so avoid conflicts with AS65.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived