Active sky 6.5

NEBOJSA

Hi Ronzie, I read earlier about setting the clear weather theme and I did this but I got strange weather after that, I got no clouds at all or the very faint threat of a few here and there, I had AS6 activated by the way.

Also I asked earlier if FSUPIC played a role in this and you just confirmed it, I wonder if settings in that are conflicting with AS6.

I saw a tick box in FSUIPC where it said something about overriding FS weather.

Are you using AS65 graphics?

Yes, or GEPro

Have you set the graphics library choice to weather influenced?

Sorry, where in ASG is that option?

AS65 gives you the fsuipc weather interface registration to the advanced weather settings.

Afraid I don't understand that...

set it to the clear weather theme

FS9 weather switches to User-Defined anyway when you unpause AS6.5

The only way I have found so far to avoid flickering/disappearing clouds (and that is what I am mostly concerned about) is to use FS9's weather only. I go into customise weather/advance options and set one cloud layer from 500' to 10000'.

I should have left AS6.5 downloading real-world weather - even if it wasn't. I had not had the problem of 'popping clouds' for years (on the whole, anyway), until I stopped using "real-world" AS6.5 the other week. Maybe I should try going back to it and see if these cloud problems go away... I wish FSGRW had a 'try before you buy' option!! If I spent that amount and still had flickering clouds, I'd be pretty upset... (also worrying that a number of people seem to have lost their connection to the FSGRW server).

Weather influenced as I recall was the name of the cloud set.

If you look at the weather themes in FS9 the first one in the list is:

"Clear Skies (Clears All Weather)".

When you bring up FS9 even to just the menus, the default flight is loaded to initialize the FS9 engines. Create a default flight with the Clear Skies theme.

Any created or saved flights should use the Clear Skies theme so they are set to use with AS65. If I look at the fsuipc.log file (in modules) you'll see the calls to clear all weather. Here's an extract showing my selected saved flight loaded.

164940 C:\Users\Ronzie\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\KING AIR DEFAULT AT KANE.flt

165018 AIRCRAFT\beech_king_air_350\Beech_King_Air_350.air

165034 Aircraft="Beech King Air 350"

166001 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ronzie,

I looked in my FSUIPC log file and I got this:

119496 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

169978 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

175298 NWI weather clear actioned

175298 External weather discarded

175298 WeatherOptions set, now 4000370D (timer=255)

The external weather discared had me puzzled, I am under the impression AS6 is external weather or have I got this wrong?

AS6 is external weather. When it starts it clears any other weather influence and then takes over so there is no conflict. If you are loading other weather controlling apps then you have a conflict.

The first discard might be the clear weather theme in your default flight, the second in the flight you selected, and the third action of AS6 itself. Once AS6 is running (with your flight loaded up first) there should be no other app clearing weather. If you are using anything after AS6 loads, you'll have a conflict.

I'm not familiar with REX but if REX also tries to control weather you'll have a conflict. Be sure REX is used for graphics only.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I keep trying different settings as I'm having the same problems as the op, so everything he is saying is also applying to me.

I got my version of REX out and I said earlier I took it off but couldn't remember why, when I looked in REX I saw jpegs of enhanced airports like taxiway lines and lights etc, I'm wondering if this was why I took it off, I just want decent and hopefully real weather I'm not interested in it changing my airfields.

I only ever have one weather engine loaded at one time. I have gone back to AS6.5, even though it's no longer giving 'live' weather. I think (and I do hope I am not jinxing this by reporting it!) that I have got rid of the flickering cloud problem by changing various options in AS6.5 - most importantly, as far as I can tell, restricting clouds to two layers. I have REX clouds for graphics, and on my current flight at least, it all looks pretty good...

I got my version of REX out and I said earlier I took it off but couldn't remember why, when I looked in REX I saw jpegs of enhanced airports like taxiway lines and lights etc, I'm wondering if this was why I took it off, I just want decent and hopefully real weather I'm not interested in it changing my airfields.

You can select which, if any, graphics to load in REX so that should not be a problem. In fact everything will load a lot quicker if you don't but for best results I would recommend you load the cloud effects as they vary for different locations and conditions to give you a wider range of visual appearances.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I have only one.Today had weather at CYKF and i do live there: clear sunny day

CYKF 231636Z 07104KT 9999 NSC 00/M12 Q1034

FSGRW manual says turn off weather in the FSUIPC,i did.FSGRW loaded the weather but the sky was grey not clear weather and blue sky . It was after t/o about 1000ft above ground where the sky turned blue and clear. I just cant figure this out. Other than this issue FSGRW works great and i dont even know if this is a FSGRW issue.

nebojsa

Hi... I wonder if you could kindly explain further about your batch file. Maybe even attach a copy here so that folks can see what is happening. (I have written dozens and dozens of batch files for FS9 myself, but none I think the size of the one you have written! I'd be very interested to see it and find out exactly what the code is doing).

I am still undecided whether I get better results using FS9's own weather, or AS6.5 plus a saved wx file - of which I have 366, one for each day of the year). The problem is that unless I restrict cloud draw distance to 30 miles, I always get flickering 'rogue' clouds being drawn or erased.

FSMetar is good in many ways, but I can't stop the sudden (and often very dramatic) changes in weather that occur, either as a new wx station is reached, or the update time set in the options, so I have stopped using it.

Nice screenshot BTW...

Thanks!

I went back to using the default weather, I clicked on loading real world weather and it connected to Jepson and loaded OK.

Also I changed the Cloud_Draw_Distance in the fs9.cfg to =9 but I'll be honest I'm not sure what 9 is, I got real world weather loaded and it was good, but I did at one point get a cloud draw flicker, it wasn't much but still it happened.

Archived