Your favourite aircraft

fsblibli

Just curious on which are your favourites. Maybe there are some recommendations I should check.

Well many simmers have 100 + aircraft in there hangars. Imagine a world where you are reduced to just 5 aircraft. Which ones would you fly???

My favourites:

PMDG 737: deep excellent simulation of a jetliner

PA A320: simply to use, looks excellent

Just Flight SIAI Marchetti SF260: Unsurpassed general aviation and aerobatics

A2A Spitfire MK I Solo: favourite warbird, excellent virtual cockpit, great looks and sounds

Lockheed Lodestar by Milton Shupe and team: looks, sounds, wonderful airliner of yesteryear!

For those still using the PMDG 737/747 in FS9, you're missing out on some high quality replacements in the iFly range.

The ifly 737 is much more advanced than the FS9 PMDG version. Understandably as many years separate them. I was very pleased I bought it.

The PMDG FS9 747 is a much more advanced product than the 737. I have looked at the ifly version and pondered buying it too. What can the ifly FS9 747 offer me that the PMDG FS9 747 does not?

My favorites:

FSDT FSX BA F/A-18C, v16.1, top of my list!

ERS Bell 206

HC412PE

Alpha F-111 PIGHUD

Dino Cattaneo's T-45

Dino Cattaneo's F-14

David C. Copley's P-38 Don't Fear The Reaper

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

For those still using the PMDG 737/747 in FS9, you're missing out on some high quality replacements in the iFly range.

I'm not so sure. I have the iFly 737 and PMDG 737. I bought the PMDG but never actually used it, left FS for a while. When I returned I went straight to the iFly. I have a few issues with the iFly (2d panel the biggest) and I'm not so certain it is as clear cut between the two for everyone as comments regularly suggest. If you're a VC flyer then I would likely agree with the comments but possibly not as a 2D flyer. I'll eventually give the PMDG a good fly to see for myself their pros and cons.

Some of my favs when I first started out with FS2004. All freeware, no particular order.

Airhead Decathlon

Aero Commander 500

Embraer 170 with Ken Mitchell panel

Kittyhawk 737 with PS Panels panel

Project Fokker 70/100

Mark Daniels

I'm not so sure. I have the iFly 737 and PMDG 737. I bought the PMDG but never actually used it, left FS for a while. When I returned I went straight to the iFly. I have a few issues with the iFly (2d panel the biggest) and I'm not so certain it is as clear cut between the two for everyone as comments regularly suggest. If you're a VC flyer then I would likely agree with the comments but possibly not as a 2D flyer. I'll eventually give the PMDG a good fly to see for myself their pros and cons.

Some of my favs when I first started out with FS2004. All freeware, no particular order.

Airhead Decathlon

Aero Commander 500

Embraer 170 with Ken Mitchell panel

Kittyhawk 737 with PS Panels panel

Project Fokker 70/100

The iFly is so far in front of the PMDG in FS9 it's not funny. I have the PMDG NGX in FSX and I STILL prefer the iFly. It has more features then even the FSX NGX.

Great FPS and more options and better FDE then the old PMDG 737. And that's the case with the iFly 747. Far superior to the PMDG 747 I had.

Too many more features and the FDE's are fantastic. Feels like your flying and not 'riding the rails'.

Not sure how you're can have 2D problems.

More features with the new iFly. The VC is FS9 is as sharp as anything in FSX. Not sure how they did it. Impressive.

Flight1 offer 30 day refund so not much to loose in trying her out.

Some of us including myself don't like VC's. I don't want to fork out a lot more money for the ifly version of the 737 when PMDG 737 works just fine. I find myself using the HJG DC 9 and B 727's more anyway. I love flying the old way.

My favourite is whatever I'm currently flying - which is the PAD Jetstream 31 with the BAe Panel Project 2D panel (I don't like VC only planes either).

As for the tedious PMDG vs. iFly debate, I've got both and can't be bothered with either of them. All I ever see from where I live is Boeings, Airbuses (Airbii?) and Dash 8's! Boring, boring, boring.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Some of us including myself don't like VC's. I don't want to fork out a lot more money for the ifly version of the 737 when PMDG 737 works just fine. I find myself using the HJG DC 9 and B 727's more anyway. I love flying the old way.

I use the 2D fine with the iFly so I don't know why it would be a problem. I'd also put the PMDG 737 in FS9 not that far above the default it's so average.

I guess that's why I fly so few models. Usually 3. Very few are that great or realistic. But that's another story.

Not sure how you're can have 2D problems.

To be honest, I'm not sure how people cannot and how the current panel managed to get voted in in the first place! lol

They changed their original wide screen panel and implemented the current one. My issues with the current panel are as follows:

1. It was not completely rebuilt. They took the old wide panel bitmap and simply upscaled it. By doing this it softens/blurs the panel. You now have nice and sharp pop up panels in their original resolution as there was no need obviously to upscale these but you have a soft/blurry main panel.

2. You now lose one of the first officer displays from the old wide panel which is very handy to have.

3. By upscaling the way they have, you now also have more screen real estate being used toward the top of the screen to accommodate the panel. This leads to 3 issues:

a. You see less scenery

b. The viewpoint to the runway coming in with flaps 40 or 30 with the original wide panel had a clear view on approach but with current panel is now obscured. There is also no landing panel option which I note the PMDG does have.

c. When you look to the right and see the VC cockpit section of the panel, it looks wrong as in this view the VC portion of the panel you see sits much lower on your screen than the 2D panel bitmap. Any immersion that you are actually inside the cockpit and simply looking right doesn't work any longer as there is such a height difference when you switch between the 2D and VC panels. The old wide 2D panel sat lower on the screen and when looking right, lined up much better with the VC view so you felt you were still in a cockpit and had simply changed your view.

My understanding is the current panel was implemented because users complained the original wide panel displays were too small and difficult to read. Now, my close vision isn't great but on a 22 inch monitor I have no trouble reading the displays with the wide screen panel. Rather than implement an inferior panel maybe better glasses for users should've been the logical solution? All the displays also allow you to click them for an enlarged view so wtf is the problem? lol

If not reading glasses, maybe a complete redesign of the panel I would think should've been the solution for an expensive payware product. A simple upscale of the old panel and "there you have it people" is not the satisfactory solution imo.

I'm still using the old wide panel with an older version of the iFly as the wide panel completely breaks if you using it with the latest v3.2.2. The wide panel is no longer supported.

Personally, if I didn't have the wide panel option despite it now being partially or fully broken depending on the iFly version you run, I honestly think I would be straight to the PMDG 737. I'd likely be much happier flying it than the iFly with it's current 2D panel. PMDG might be more dated but if I am going to spend hours and hours looking at a panel at least it's uniform with everything else in the product and doesn't annoy me.

Mark Daniels

I have so many flying machines that I like in my hangar, that it's impossible to give an accurate list of my top 5. If someone would actually take away all but 5 of my aircraft, and allow me to select those 5 that I can keep, it'd take forever for me to decide. So all I can offer is a list of 5 of my favorite aircraft, but not necessarily my top 5, there's hardly such a thing in my case. So let's see...

PMDG MD-11

TinMouse 737

HJG 727

DH-106 Comet by David Maltby

Ka-26 by Nemeth Designs

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure how people cannot and how the current panel managed to get voted in in the first place! lol

The panel seems ok to me. I can read it fine. Doesn't seem blurry at all. I wish they'd make the same upgrade to the VC like they did with their 747 which is as sharp as FSX. Somehow they found the ability to get the sams sharpness.

Either way, it's more then worth it to upgrade to the 3.2.2 update which is sensational. I find the FPS in the VC is no worse at all then the 2D so that's why I often use it. I'm a 2D fan as well, so I still will switch to it after takeoff being that its sharper and clearer the the VC which is normal for FS9.

Not sure what you're done or how you downloaded it. Seems fine and normal to me.

I stick to freeware; it's good enough for me, though I've only vaguely thought about what payware would be like. Presumably it's like flying the real thing for some aircraft, no?

Anyways, I've been flying POSKY's 757s for a while now, as well as SGA's MD80s, but I also like their other DC9 series aircraft.

Carlos Si

... though I've only vaguely thought about what payware would be like. ....

I eschewed payware for a long time (coming from the race sim community where everything is free) but finally gave in. In general, payware developers have researched the flight dynamics more and model more systems; I also find the cockpits, 2D and VC, are much more realistic. Sounds are usually from the real aircraft. (Sometimes the systems modeling can actually be a bit much for the casual sim enthusiast - the EagleSoft Cessna Citation X is a beautiful creation, but I'd like an "idiot switch" to occasionally bypass the ordeal of manipulating a plethora of switches and dials to get the MFDs on then to start the engines ...if you're planning a short hop the startup procedure feels longer than the flight.)

Archived