Bank speed: anyone tried editing it ?

xtreme76

What specific aircraft?

id like to do it on all i use (fsx-acceleration) i dont find banking speeds realistic.

for the moment i would try the B737 and the Extra300 (for the missions)

i also wonder if it can be done for the wing ailerons.

id like to do it on all i use (fsx-acceleration) i dont find banking speeds realistic.

for the moment i would try the B737 and the Extra300 (for the missions)

i also wonder if it can be done for the wing ailerons.

The area I would look at and I'm using the one from the Extra300 would be:

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0

parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0

induced_drag_scalar = 1.0

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_effectiveness = 1.0

pitch_stability = 1.0

roll_stability = 1.0

yaw_stability = 1.0

elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

p_factor_on_yaw = 0.5

torque_on_roll = 0.5

Possibly making an increase to the number after the =

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The area I would look at and I'm using the one from the Extra300 would be:

[flight_tuning]

cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0

parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0

induced_drag_scalar = 1.0

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_effectiveness = 1.0

pitch_stability = 1.0

roll_stability = 1.0

yaw_stability = 1.0

elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

p_factor_on_yaw = 0.5

torque_on_roll = 0.5

Possibly making an increase to the number after the =

Thanks Zippy !

what about the banking speed ?...;)

Thanks Zippy !

what about the banking speed ?...;)

Don't know if there is a setting for "Banking speed" I can bank online and it's pretty speedy! ;)

I would assume if you can make the ailerons more effective, then the speed at which you will bank should increase also.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Bank is static. It is the displacement around the longitudinal axis.

Example: "The plane's right gear snapped on landing, and the aircraft came to rest at a 30 degree bank angle."

For speed of displacement around that longitudinal axis the term 'roll rate' is used.

But, the terms are often used interchangeably. They are both are rotation around the same axis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You want banking...you got banking (hehe). Here is what you need to do. You have to be able to open the air file (get 'AirEd'), make changes and do 'Save'. Then go spin out.

Boeing 737:

air file: Section 1101: Aileron Control Factor=-9600 //was '-600'

Extra 300:

air file: Section 1101: Aileron Control Factor=-2700 //was '-700'

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: I have a suspicion that your controller sensitivity is not set to 99% (and 1% null). AND Make sure you calibrate you stick before you make edits.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

You want banking...you got banking (hehe). Here is what you need to do. You have to be able to open the air file (get 'AirEd'), make changes and do 'Save'. Then go spin out.

Boeing 737:

Extra 300:

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: I have a suspicion that your controller sensitivity is not set to 99% (and 1% null). AND Make sure you calibrate you stick before you make edits.

what about this lines here ?

max_bank,

The maximum bank angle in degrees that the autopilot will command either left or right.

Airbus A321( max_bank=25.0 )

Boeing 737-800( max_bank=30,25,20,15,10 )

Bombardier CRJ 700( max_bank=30,15 )

Douglas DC-3( max_bank=25.000000 )

max_bank_acceleration,

The maximum angular bank acceleration, in degrees per second squared, that the autopilot will command left or right. Airbus A321( max_bank_acceleration=1.8 )

max_bank_velocity

The maximum angular bank velocity, in degrees per second, which the autopilot will command left or right. Douglas DC-3( max_bank_velocity=3.000000 )

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Before you do any of this, are you positive you have full control movement = full controller movement?

All this about velocity and rates of acceleration are meaningless if your controller isn't set up correctly. There have been literally hundreds of posts about how to do that, so please confirm by reference which one or ones' you used before embarking down this path.

Boeing 737:

Extra 300:

Chuck B

Napamule

ok thanks for the answer :)

do i need to put everything in "advanced controls" on the same settings as you said or just the ailerons,elevator and rudder ?

So i started doing all the changes as suggested:

controller settings 99% and null 1 for ailerons, rudder and elevator

no results..

went to the extra300 air file (with AirEd) and changed (as napamule's suggestion) from -700 to -2700.

somehow roll works fine on 90 degrees start but rolling back to horizontal position takes a bit longer,

almost double the time of initial 90 degree roll..

i have some exemples here about the effect that id like to get but unable:

this is an exemple of how my extra300 is flying right now

here is an exemple of real redbull air race where we can see really fast rolling movements

and here is another FSX exemple of a simmer who seems to have a better air file than mine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74vwX4Mcgk

Thanks for your attention :)

What E300 are you flying? Default or payware? What is your controller setup. Name of joystick? Do you have a throttle control? Can you hold a knife edge? Can you crab? On crab does it roll? Are you at 100% throttle all the time? If you could use spoiler to slow where needed while keeping power at 100% would you use it?

I know what you are up against. You want to be able to whip from bank right to bank left without losing it. Like for the race course cone slalom. I could tweak the E300 for faster speed, more roll & bank agility, yet solid controller feel. But you would have to get a throttle control of some sort. Pressing F keys won't hack it. Give me a few days and I will post cfg and air to file host (mediafile.com) and I'll PM you the link. I will run the mission to test (never have done it, so at least a day practice is called for). I'll be baaaack.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

What E300 are you flying? Default or payware? What is your controller setup. Name of joystick? Do you have a throttle control? Can you hold a knife edge? Can you crab? On crab does it roll? Are you at 100% throttle all the time? If you could use spoiler to slow where needed while keeping power at 100% would you use it?

I know what you are up against. You want to be able to whip from bank right to bank left without losing it. Like for the race course cone slalom. I could tweak the E300 for faster speed, more roll & bank agility, yet solid controller feel. But you would have to get a throttle control of some sort. Pressing F keys won't hack it. Give me a few days and I will post cfg and air to file host (mediafile.com) and I'll PM you the link. I will run the mission to test (never have done it, so at least a day practice is called for). I'll be baaaack.

Chuck B

Napamule

Ok thanks a lot ! (even i dont thing you should do that :o )

Im using a simple 360XBOX controller

F1 and F4 set for engines, i almost never use F2 and F3. (except for B737)

I usually fly the B737 and extra300 patty wagstaf (like doing a walk in the nature :) ), all default fsx aircraft.

i also have a lot of paywares but i dont believe editing any of it is a good idea...

When doing the redbull air race i try to maintain full throttle but press F1 right before passing the cones.

But frankly, i've just started playing those missions, im more used to bigger aircraft so i think i need a bit

of small aircraft aerodynamics knowledge...

If you use an Xbox controller you are NOT going to be able to get the results you seek.

Simple as that.

Buy proper flight sim controls - and for what you are looking for you will need a joystick AND rudder pedals, nothing less. I would also recommend FSUIPC payware to control the controllers with independent control response setup for individual aircraft - there is NO WAY what you set up for an Extra is going to also be appropriate for an airliner.

XBox controller? That's a deal breaker. But the video showed you did 'ok'. So we could be wrong about the controller.

Quote: '..i dont thing you should do that'. I assume you are talking about editing the default E300S. Why? Because it 'belongs' to MS? (It belongs to ME now..I paid for it). So I can edit the cfg and air file if I want. I just saved a copy. And nobody cares. The truth is that the E300S is messed up. I am making progress with edits. Did not run the mission yet. I have a couple of issues to iron out and that should be tonight. Got chores, Dr Appt (4:30pm), etc. So by tomorrow you can test it. And you won't need rudder pedals. But even that can be ignored. The E300S mission flying uses mostly elevator and airleons anyway. No time for any stinking rudder input (hehe). I am curious to see if you can still fly the 'Patty Wagstaff' sled in the mission with your controller. We shall see.

Chuck B

Napamule

Just as long as you don't pull the "inverted landing" Patty Wagstaff pulled off in Yuma one night before the main airshow.

I was watching from up on the hill Station Legal sits on. She was doing a demo for the troops. Had a couple people holding a ribbon up on some tall poles, and she was going to cut it with her rudder. No one's really sure, including her, at least as far as I know, what happened, but her plane, inverted for the pass, "landed" just before she got to the poles. Not real pretty, although at nigh like that it was impressive as all heck. Fortunately, Crash Crew was Johnny-on-the-Spot that night! I don't believe she was injured, at least badly.

Anyhow, don't do that little trick. It's darn hard on airplanes, at the very least :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If you use pitch trim you can fly all day upside down. If patient, and if you stay calm, you can 'cut the ribbon' at 10 ft off the runway. Just takes a little practice.

I came in here because I want to ask (somebody) how do you get the (stupid) mission to accept my modified E300S. I load the mission and there are no pylons. What gives? All that work for nothing? Do I have to learn to make missions to make it work?

Chuck B

Napamule

XBox controller? That's a deal breaker. But the video showed you did 'ok'. So we could be wrong about the controller.

Quote: '..i dont thing you should do that'. I assume you are talking about editing the default E300S. Why? Because it 'belongs' to MS? (It belongs to ME now..I paid for it). So I can edit the cfg and air file if I want. I just saved a copy. And nobody cares. The truth is that the E300S is messed up. I am making progress with edits. Did not run the mission yet. I have a couple of issues to iron out and that should be tonight. Got chores, Dr Appt (4:30pm), etc. So by tomorrow you can test it. And you won't need rudder pedals. But even that can be ignored. The E300S mission flying uses mostly elevator and airleons anyway. No time for any stinking rudder input (hehe). I am curious to see if you can still fly the 'Patty Wagstaff' sled in the mission with your controller. We shall see.

Chuck B

Napamule

No, no :)

i did not mean that, i was just a little uncomfortable that some one does the thing for me.

Of course you can do what you want with your files, and im pretty sure you are good at it.

last question, is it normal that while flying patty wagstaff's (fsx extra300)

if i leave the yoke loose (not touching any buttons or joysticks)

the aircraft wants to put nose down ? i always expected it to stay on cruise alt or nose up a bit....

I get as much pleasure doing FDEs as you get by (trying to) fly the pylon course. I've been doing this for 10+ years. Do it everyday. Life is good.

Only I never messed with missions. So I am new at that. And the nose down pitch is one of the 'problems' the edits correct. Hands off it should fly level with no pitch trim input IF the MOI's, the CofG is 'right' (so it's balanced), the horiz stab incidence, and fuel tank(s) and engine are in correct position, etc. Trial & error is called for. I left the ref datum and CofG positions (values) as they were. Might have to start over with them both being '0, 0, 0' for both. That will take another 2 days to re-do as a lot gets effected.

So it seems that if you make changes to cfg the Mission is aware of it and the mission won't load properly (ie: no pylons or ghost ac). That is what I don't understand YET. But I will. There must be a way to 'fix' this. So I could use some help with that. CUL8R.

Chuck B

Napamule

I get as much pleasure doing FDEs as you get by (trying to) fly the pylon course. I've been doing this for 10+ years. Do it everyday. Life is good.

Only I never messed with missions. So I am new at that. And the nose down pitch is one of the 'problems' the edits correct. Hands off it should fly level with no pitch trim input IF the MOI's, the CofG is 'right' (so it's balanced), the horiz stab incidence, and fuel tank(s) and engine are in correct position, etc. Trial & error is called for. I left the ref datum and CofG positions (values) as they were. Might have to start over with them both being '0, 0, 0' for both. That will take another 2 days to re-do as a lot gets effected.

So it seems that if you make changes to cfg the Mission is aware of it and the mission won't load properly (ie: no pylons or ghost ac). That is what I don't understand YET. But I will. There must be a way to 'fix' this. So I could use some help with that. CUL8R.

Chuck B

Napamule

Oh, ok.

But my "nose down" problem is in free flight mode.

fuel tanks are always full, so i guess i just need to edit the CoG in the cgf file ?

or air file ?

I tried to trick it with the xbox joystick calibration but does not work.

and even if it works for the extra300 it will picth up the other aircrafts like crazy...

although the same joystick seems to work pretty well with the other aircrafts i use.

Nose down: yes. But not due to tanks being full. (If you look the mission loads the E300S with EMPTY tanks - HA!).

Don't 'de-tune' your controller. That's 'bogus' mod (you only 'tricked' yourself!). Calibrate out of and in FSX and leave it that way. Set 'Realism' to MEDIUM (and leave it there!!!).

Also, you SHOULD have 'Auto Coordination' UNCHECKED if you want to do fast or aerobatic flying. But you have an XBox controller and more than likely have 'Auto Coordination=ON' (ie: checked). You WILL have problems flying the E300S that way - there is NO FIX FOR THAT (other than getting a twist grip joystick). Sorry.

Don't call your XBox controller a 'joystick'. It ain't a joystick - OK? OK!

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: still working on it. Re-Set Ref Datum to 0,0,0. Looking good so far.

Also, you SHOULD have 'Auto Coordination' UNCHECKED if you want to do fast or aerobatic flying. But you have an XBox controller and more than likely have 'Auto Coordination=ON' (ie: checked). You WILL have problems flying the E300S that way - there is NO FIX FOR THAT (other than getting a twist grip joystick). Sorry.

is that "auto coordination" like when you make a right turn and have to move back your controller to the left if you want to stabilize

the aircraft on horizontal position ?

where is that auto coordination line ? in the xml controller file ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived