FSX Install Fails - Sanity Threatened

Guest mutineer

Guest mutineer

I have a Windows 7 x64 install. I've installed and run FSX without issues before using the same set up. I've just done a fresh re-install of Win 7, all fully updated, SP1 etc.

When I come to install FSX I insert the DVD the install begins, I click on 'Install' and I get a full screen black empty window and the small progress window. This progress window whizzes through the first few steps than stops at "Removing Applications". The DVD drive makes a few sounds as though it's doing something then silence.

That's as far as I can get. The full black screen, that is responsive - I can minimise etc, and the small progress window with "Removing Applications" just stay there, and stay there. Nothing else happens. I left it for over half an hour and there was no change.

I've searched, looked at forums, tried installing without anti virus, in safe mode. Nothing makes any difference.

The DVD drive is not at fault. I installed another game after I tried FSX and the install worked without a hitch.

I've checked the surface of the FSX DVD and there isn't a mark on it.

I've tried so many "solutions" from forums etc that my head's spinning and my sanity is threatened.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

My PC Spec is:

ASUS X-99 A 3.1 motherboard

i7 5820k

EVGA GTX-980ti

16GB DDR4 ram

Did you re-boot your PC after Win 7 install. That will finish the install. Open Explorer and browse around. Then run defrag. Re-boot PC again. THEN you go install FSX. After FSX install re-boot your PC again. They don't tell you everything, you learn by doing.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Don't lose your cool. It's not healthy. And don't beat on your keyboard, or tower (hehe) you'll just hurt your hand.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I've just done a fresh re-install of Win 7, all fully updated, SP1 etc.

I bet you haven't. Provide details. We'll be the judge of that.

Single example: All the .NET redistributables installed and updated?

A Win 7 installation will NOT provide a full and complete update just because you've run the updater.

Once we know what you HAVE done, we can provide some pointers as to what you haven't.

The kb928080 download is no longer available ANYWHERE. If it were, it would help Win XP, Vista, Win 7, and Win 8, FUNCTION. MS is no longer 'interested' in making those OS 'FUNCTION'. So you figure you 'may have to' get Win 10 (which is MS's primary AGENDA for 2015/2016) to make FSX work (maybe?). You get Win 10, MS is 'satisfied' - your FSX don't work - MS don't care - what is important is that they worked on you mind and that you (by force) installed Win 10 - THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT. Screw FSX. It's THAT simple. HELLO! Wake up people!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The kb928080 download is no longer available ANYWHERE. If it were, it would help Win XP, Vista, Win 7, and Win 8, FUNCTION. MS is no longer 'interested' in making those OS 'FUNCTION'. So you figure you 'may have to' get Win 10 (which is MS's primary AGENDA for 2015/2016) to make FSX work (maybe?). You get Win 10, MS is 'satisfied' - your FSX don't work - MS don't care - what is important is that they worked on you mind and that you (by force) installed Win 10 - THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT. Screw FSX. It's THAT simple. HELLO! Wake up people!

Chuck B

Napamule

Relax. Still available, via the link I gave.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That link worked. Thanks. I am functional now. (Still not getting Win 10 - EVER!). Win 7 Pro 64 bit rules!

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived