trees

warrenflyboy

Just grab the dual head weed wacker and go to it...

Laughlin AZ Tree Solution.jpg

Actually, this is a ORBX problem that they are working on. What scenery are you using?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

One solution I read on another forum was to use "Lumberjack" to get rid of the trees on the runway and to lower the Autogen slider to get rid of trees on taxiways. I have seen this and also buildings in the middle of runways on some of the smaller airfields in Europe.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Lumberjack...It says it's for default FSX scenery. Wonder what would happen if used with ORBX Global, Vector, openLC NA?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I had this problem a few times at airports. For me it was having a couple of competing AFCAD files. One was for the default but there was another hidden in a traffic generating program. Cant recall which one but I just edited the traffic programme and saved the file in case it was needed later.

Lumberjack gets rid of trees on the approach path. Not on runway or taxiway.

I think conflicting airport file as well.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It may be as simple as if you have a scenery addon, put it on the top of the Addon Scenery list. I had the same issue with my UK2000 Heathrow where trees would appear on a taxiway.

I put Heathrow above my Autogen (I use VFR Scenery so I modded my Autogen) and then the trees were gone.

----------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel for more Simulator and Gaming content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/drawyahgames?sub_confirmation=1

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Regarding the issue with ORBX openLC North America...

Word is they are caused by incorrectly placed, default FSX airports. A guy by the name of Neil Hill at ORBX forums will make a .BGL that will remove the trees as a work around if you tell him the airport ICAO.

He made one for me for Laughlin Airport in Bullhead, AZ (KIFP)

Archived