Prepar3D V3 Blurry Scenery

batuhan

As johnan says, it may be that one or more of your slider settings need to be reduced. The processor and GPU only have so much capacity, and when they're asked to do too much it sometimes results in the blurries, sometimes in reduced framerate, sometimes both, depending on where the heaviest demands are.

Since this happened after a system upgrade, perhaps you could initially try going back to the slider settings you had before the upgrade, then try increasing sliders one at a time and observing the results. Autogen is one of the more intensive settings to affect performance, as is AI traffic. Perhaps down a notch or two on those would help.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Do the textures for the scenery have mips? And do ALL the textures for the sceneries have mips? Is one or some of them a 32 bit texture? I ask because sometimes an oddball texture is not a problem on one computer, and then it causes havoc on another over a radius of 30 miles. Happened to me and took months and some luck to realise what it was.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a chance this is just a texture filtering issue. Try changing it to Anisotropic, maybe that will fix it.

+1,

However since you're also starting out with new hardware, I agree with Larry. Back your sliders way off then experiment with them one at a time to find what compromise looks and works best for you. As he said, Autodensity and Air Traffic are both huge CPU hogs.

I'll add another consideration that while not nearly as bad, still can be an issue if you're near your limits already. That is surface traffic. Highways, ships, leisure boats. Even in the desert or at FL 400 your computer is always checking to decide if it needs to include ships or cars and trucks in your scenery.

I usually set my sliders based on where and how I'm flying at the time. Over the desert or at FL400, you don't need boats or trucks or a lot of autogen. On a long flight, you don't need a lot of GA traffic. For STOL and low level flying I back off my airliners & cloud draw distance, then move other controls like autogen and surface traffic (as appropriate) further to the right.:cool:

Every little decision makes a difference And it all adds up.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived