Told you before there's a conspiracy going on here....Sigh!!

peer01

I don't believe this happened to a talented airman like me! When you see the pics you understand that it wasn't my fault.:eek: Here's the real story. You may hear some other versions, but that's only gossip! Honest!

I wanted to enjoy the beautiful Irish countryside, and took off from a small field at the West coast, in my beautifully preserved Heron. Low and slow over the fields, whistling to the Irish girls (Por Dios, what a girls).

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

At this point I suddenly realised I had an important business lunch at a nearby airport.

Descending and contacting ATC.

04.jpg

After a heroic landing by the book, Suddenly, out of the blue, this stupid jet appeared. :eek:

05.jpg

I tried to stop, and I almost could avoid a collision...

06.jpg

Almost......

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

It's NOT fair you hear! Can someone please call a tow truck? There are only minor scratches but there are some suitcases from the jet on top of my head. And my head aches a little.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A typical Von Peerhoven velvet touch landing! I guess you did not check the wind direction, eh? By the way, the Control tower that gave you clearance-Clarence, was at the neighboring airfield. Oppsie!:eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I was captivated by those beautiful shots up to frame 4. Then I remembered you were a graduate of the infamous "Peerhoven Shool of Flight". How could you do that to that lovely De Havilland dove? Let me guess!

fsscr011.jpg

Larry

I would just chalk it up to ATC. Get out the brush and touch up paint. All will be right with the world! :pilot::)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what are you doing with those crummy autogen Pacifica Airlines aircraft anyway? I dumped mine and replaced them with real aircraft a long time ago.
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

You may have scratched the top and picked up some luggage along the way, but at least you kept the nose dry, this time! Great landing, Jan, but I would chalk it up to an inability to properly follow instructions rather than a great conspiracy.

Ah yes, the Irish lassies on the brain. Makes any man go crazy. Combine that with some Trad (music) and you forget where you are and where you were headed. I know the feeling.

I'm impressed you even made it onto the runway!

I hope they had some good Irish coffee for you at the airport to sooth the pain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

decorum and etiquette prohibit stating the matter more plainly, but it seems as though the only conspiracy here was in the libido of that paicifica craft, which must have picked up on the pheremones your plane was emitting!

Phil Colvin

Archived