Aircaft.cfg

dempsey

I have downloaded an aircraft which refuses to slow down / stop on landing. What changes can I make (to .cfg?) to get around this?

Does it refuse to stop while you taxi or only when landing? If landing only, I would check to make sure the auto throttle is OFF, flaps down and auto spoilers armed.

In the aircraft.cfg you can adjust the brakes:

[brakes]

parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available

toe_brakes_scale = 1.3500 //Brake scalar

auto_brakes=4

I'm not positive if FSX recognizes any number over 1.00 or not.

Do we get a hint at what aircraft is causing you fits?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

For reverse thrust change Min_throttle or Min_throttle_on_ground to -15

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tiger,

That 'min_throttle_xxx' tweak woudl be in (Engine) and (Propeller) sections of aircraft cfg and would be for turbo-prop or prop but not for jet engines.

Obviously he lands with auto-throttle on. Even if the AP light is off, the auto-throttle is STILL engaged. Click on the 'Speed' light in AP panel BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE on approach. Even I forget sometimes, so it also happens to others. No biggee. Got 'CHECK LIST'? (hehe).

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Correct Napa, here's the jet equivalent from the default A321:

[GeneralEngineData]

engine_type = 1 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop

Engine.0 = 5.2, -18.6, -4.6 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Engine.1 = 5.2, 18.6, -4.6 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

fuel_flow_scalar = 1 //Scalar for fuel flow efficiency

min_throttle_limit = -0.25 //Minimum percent throttle. Generally negative for turbine reverser

max_contrail_temperature = -30 //Temperature (deg C) below which contrails may appear

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's the default A-321 (plus update). Having flown a bit more, it's not a case of 'when landing', although this is when it's more of a problem for obvious reasons. The problem is that the power will suddenly and randomly surge to full throttle and no amount of 'F2' will make any difference and the throttle levers do not respond.

"A321_fix" from flyawaysimulation. Controller is calibrated.

Just noticed that with autothrottle switched off, and speed set to zero anyway, just before touchdown the Flight Director and Autothrottle suddenly switch themselves on!

"A321_fix" from flyawaysimulation. Controller is calibrated.

Just noticed that with autothrottle switched off, and speed set to zero anyway, just before touchdown the Flight Director and Autothrottle suddenly switch themselves on!

I don't have this "Fix" installed and have never had any problems like you describe. I would "unfix" it and try flying without it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Maybe it is. The a321 switches on the autothrottle if the speed gets to low (for the pitch). It basically detects the aircraft is about to stall.

This happens on the default a321 as well if you approach to slowly.

In this situation the aircraft goes to TOGA power (take off / go around).

If this fix increases the required landing speed it will go to TOGA sooner.

The Airbus a321 was the first aircraft that had this system. Now a few other aircraft have it as well, for example the newer Boeing models.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived