Scenery objects are black

jgolden

It could easily be missing textures, as Jim says. It also could be the sliders turned up too high -- if you hit PAUSE and after 2-3 minutes (or less) you start to see some of them go normal, it may be the sliders. If long waits don't offer any improvements, you may have disabled a needed library, installed something that either removed or disabled a needed library, or had something else happen that made textures unavailable to the sim.

All this is, of course, assuming that you used to get textures normally. If you've never seen anything but black for those, you probably either had a failed installation or somehow failed to install (or enable) a needed library.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

It might be a good idea to point us to one of the scenery downloads that is giving you trouble. I have no problem checking things out. Wild guess....Harry Patten sceneries?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just did the download and install. Sure are a lot of black buildings. You may want to use the contact info in the README file and dash off an email to the developer about this.

Bah Hahbor never looked so funky!

Bah Hahbor black buildings.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

hi, this can also happen if you are using multiple sceneries from the same developer or at least using the same libraries. If a scenery called for certain lib objects on a previous level, the lib gets loaded. If it is not complete then, another scenery later in the tree calling the same lib but other objects will display black stuff, even if the complete lib is included on this scenerys path! I had this issue only recently with LIEE and LIEA by Mr J (light posts were black in LIEE).

To diagnose if it is this problem, deactivate all sceneries one by one except the one with the black objects. Check after every deactivated scen. If the objects reappear, then you have found the culprit. Make sure then, that both have the same library .bgl's in their scenery folders - or try to switch their layers in the scenery library.

There are about 58 missing textures in this package.

This needs to be fixed by Messrs. Loney and Lacy.

And I am a fan of both of these gentlemen, so this is a bit disappointing.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived