how do i make the below g/s glow?

Yajvan

What was your altitude? Maybe you were not below Glideslope. I'm assuming you are in a 737, did you have the pink triangles in your display for altitude and centerline? Does that airport/runway have a glideslope?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi guys, I was 21 miles away from the airport. Switched to NAV from GPS.. VOR LOC was off.. "below G/S" dint glow.... pls help.

Manage to allways stabilize your aircraft 3000 feet AGL and about 5 miles before catching loc.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

VOR LOC was off..

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but are you indicating that there was no localizer indication? Perhaps you were just a little too far away.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Whats your aircraft and exact procedures ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I was 21 miles away from the airport... "below G/S" dint glow

You might have been too far from the airport to pick up the glideslope, or you might have been on a localizer approach that does not have a glideslope.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

21 miles is right on the edge for most glide slopes (if there is one.) The longest ones are about 21.5 and the short ones about 17. If you haven't picked up a GS marker by the time you've reached 17 miles, there isn't one or you are tuned to the wrong frequency. You also have to have the GPS switch in the NAV position.

To assist you further, we need to know the airport, runway selected, altitude and where you were in relation to the runway with the problem occurred.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

the airport was Ksea rwy 16L.. and yes i am using a default 737 panel. The G/S glows then it

does not turn off my ALT HOLD switch and keeps maintaining same altitude.. I was forced to land the plane manually... my altitude was 1800 meters and I was 20 miles away from the runway.

Usually the ILS Localizer is picked up around 16 miles out turning off the heading light and at about 7-9 miles out, if the aircraft is properly configure for landing, the glideslope should turn off the ALT hold light and the aircraft should begin final descent to the runway. When picking up the Localizer you should be around 2000 feet altitude above the airport. 1800 meters (5,005 feet) is a little high, even at 20 miles out.

It sounds like you were below the glideslope and in a good position to intercept it around 14 miles out. (3 degree slope, 1000 feet descent per three miles traveled, 5,000 feet altitude, KSEA elevation around 400 feet...) I like most of the answers posted so far...You selected 'APP' (approach) on the autopilot, I assume? I haven't flown the default 737 in a while. As for the 'below G/S' light and it's warning voice, that will only work when you are at a lower altitude, perhaps less than 1000 feet above the ground.

1800 meters (5,005 feet) is a little high, even at 20 miles out.

I think 1800 meters is more like 6,000 feet, WAY too high.

EDIT: Just calculated it. 1,800 meters = 5905.512 feet.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Right on! I looked too fast and made the 9 a 0. No ice cream for me tonight!

Not really.

16L glideslope is 3° or 318ft/nm.

20 miles X 318ft = 6360 ft + 432 feet airport elevation = 6792 feet.

So being at 5900 ft 20 miles out would be below the glideslope, if the signal went that far. Which it does not.

This chart- http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1504/00582IL16L.PDF

...shows a required minimum height of 4000 @ 12.8 DME, so 6000 @ 20 DME is not unrealistic. (7 nm @ 318/ = 2226)

That being said, this is all a moo point if the OP expects to receive the glideslope signal that far out.

peace,

the Bean

(moo point = cow's point of view and who cares what a cow thinks)

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived