Engines Quit After 30 Minutes

dalep29

I got fsx on steam to play around with. After approximately 30 minutes of flying my engines just quit. I have DE ice on, what else can I look at? Also, I can't maintain my altitude, ntater what I do, or autopilot for that matter? Thanks guys

For further help on this problem it would be nice to know:

1. What aircraft are you flying?

2. Where are you flying? Starting point-cruise altitude- destination.

3. De-Ice? Is it wet and freezing? Pitot Tube heat on?

3. RPM(s) under the red marker in the green zone?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

For further help on this problem it would be nice to know:

1. What aircraft are you flying?

2. Where are you flying? Starting point-cruise altitude- destination.

3. De-Ice? Is it wet and freezing? Pitot Tube heat on?

3. RPM(s) under the red marker in the green zone?

Every jet aircraft, the prop planes work fine. I haven't looked at rpm, I'm new slowly learning

I got fsx on steam to play around with. After approximately 30 minutes of flying my engines just quit. I have DE ice on, what else can I look at? Also, I can't maintain my altitude, ntater what I do, or autopilot for that matter? Thanks guys

As well as answering the other questions, check fuel level.

Make your alternators /generators are turned on(pitot on as mentioned by Zip). If not your batteries will drain after approx time you describe.....result ,mud,mountain,oceon ,tarmac etc eating will most surely occur.

Money on ALTs/gens.....

Cheers Andy

are you using one of the smaller prop airplanes, if so then you have to adjust the mixture

adjust the mixture as you climb to altitude and watch the airspeed in the climb so you don't stall the airplane, if you lose too much speed the airplane wont be able to maintain altitude

the mixture is the red levers,

are you using one of the smaller prop airplanes, if so then you have to adjust the mixture

adjust the mixture as you climb to altitude and watch the airspeed in the climb so you don't stall the airplane, if you lose too much speed the airplane wont be able to maintain altitude

the mixture is the red levers,

Hello ! not sure if op is a newcomer or not, but if so then there is a general setting for 'automixture' which may help.(at least there is in 9)just one less thing to think about for newcomer .

Anyways cheers

Socks

PS time to see if op is a responder ......snooze time from me.

you might have auto throttle engaged with the wrong speed setting

if your using the 737 either press the speed button on the autopilot or turn off the A/T arm switch to disengage, and your throttles should start working again

or if your using lets say the airbus then either press in the speed knob or press the ATHR button to disengage

with the auto throttle you need to select the speed you want the aircraft to hold, you can do that by rotating the speed knob to the left or right

if your using the 737 the speed knob is below the ias/mach window, so rotate that to select the speed you want to hold,, set the A/T arm switch to the on position, and then press the speed hold button

After investigation my fuel pump weren't on, nor was DE ice. I've figured out auto pilot on one aircraft. 45 minutes from landing on my first real flight. Thanks guys. I just need to figure out saving fuel, planning flights etc now

Fuel pumps not on...De Ice not on??? How did your aircraft run, taxi, takeoff and fly for 1/2 hour? 747 Pitot tube heat is the de ice switch, but that's the only one. I know of fuel boost pump switches in the smaller default prop planes but they don't have to be on to fly.

I'm not sure Mr. zippy. I pulled up the flight panel and all fuel pumps were switched to off. I am starting at active runway. Then again I just turned everything to on, and it worked. I am extremely new to this, so I couldn't tell you

I'm not sure Mr. zippy. I pulled up the flight panel and all fuel pumps were switched to off. I am starting at active runway. Then again I just turned everything to on, and it worked. I am extremely new to this, so I couldn't tell you

Glad you got it worked out! Just so we can help others that are new to this Sim, what aircraft were you flying...default..3rd party freeware...payware, 737..747??

Every default jet engine aircraft was doing that. I'm going to go through my settings tonight and see what if anything shows. I'll report back

Interesting! Since I use a cold & dark start up procedure I watched the fuel pump switch area on the upper panel of my default 737. As each engine starts, the "Low Pressure light" goes out and my engines remain running during the entire flight, no matter how long the duration. Turning on the pumps gives the appropriate whirring sound, but seems to serve no purpose.

I know the default aircraft, by no means, mimic the real ones. Only the payware do a decent job of that.

The only thing I can think of is a "Failure" is checked in your settings for a fuel failure after 30 minutes and turning on the pumps corrects the situation. Reminiscent of the 208 Caravan Spa Mission. Landing dead stick on the Carrier is one option, the best is to turn on the boost pumps and continue on to Santa Monica.

.... 747 Pitot tube heat is the de ice switch, but that's the only one.....

I thought so too, but it isn't!

>shifth

I added a pitot heat switch to my default 747 2D panel (it's the switch from the beech baron 58) and that DOES move when I press >shifth

Makes me feel more secure, I make sure they are both on when it get's cold. ;)

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any aircraft add on working on steam yet? Trying to fly the aircraft that i work with at Scott AFB.

Most of the freeware aircraft that you find in the File Library can be installed on fsx steam edition. Because they are simple zip files that you unzip and then place the files in the correct location yourself.

The folder structure of fsx steam is different, but there is still a 'Airplanes' folder,

a 'effects' folder a 'gauges' folder , etc. It's the main folder that is different.

The problem with some of the paywares is they are installed by installers.

They look for the registry entry for fsx, and find the fsx folder that way.

The registry entry, and folders for fsx steam are different so those installers won't work.

With some of the freeware installers (there are some free addons in the File Library that come with installers), you can point the installer to an empty folder, install the files in there, and then move the files manually to the correct locations.

But with the payware's that does not work. For activation they also place a regitry entry of their own. If you move the files to a different location, the activation becomes invalid.

You'll just have to wait for the payware companies to change their installers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may as well mention that if you handle engines too roughly (with the "Engine stress causes damage" option on) they might seize up after a while. The stock FSX Mustang family are very touchy in that respect, slam the throttle open for takeoff and after just a minute or two the engine begins spluttering, losing power, smoking and belching gouts of flame, look-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-eng-stress_zpsndjm8tb5.jpg~original

Archived