FSX Problem--Accidentally Deleted Scenery Folder

mar96

Hi, I have had FSX for a short time. I have accidently deleted my entire scenery/world/scenery folder. I am now missing loads of .BGL files. I can't reinstall FSX I don't have my CD's so I can't repair or reinstall it. I'm trying to burn my FSX to a CD so that I can have a disk copy as well. So there's no way I can solve this besides reinstalling or repairing my FSX which I can't. Does anyone mind if they can post a copy of their scenery/world/scenery on here please? I can download it and put it into my FSX and see if this works. Thanks.

Are your files possibly still in the recycle bin. If so you should be able to restore them to the original location. I don't think anyone is going to post their scenery folder on this site or send one to you. It would violate the user agreement with Microsoft.
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

One has to ask, why don't you have your FSX discs?.

Buy Steam Edition then you will have access to back ups, or next time don't lose your CD's. Nobody here is going to upload gigs worth of data for you as a first time poster. You will understand why.

Hi, I have had FSX for a short time. I have accidently deleted my entire scenery/world/scenery folder. I am now missing loads of .BGL files. I can't reinstall FSX I don't have my CD's so I can't repair or reinstall it. I'm trying to burn my FSX to a CD so that I can have a disk copy as well. So there's no way I can solve this besides reinstalling or repairing my FSX which I can't. Does anyone mind if they can post a copy of their scenery/world/scenery on here please? I can download it and put it into my FSX and see if this works. Thanks.

???????????????

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I don't think the OP understands. We might not be the brightest bulbs on the string nor the sharpest knives in the drawer but we're not stupid.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

He didn't say it's Steam Edition.....only had it a couple days....no discs to speak of, but no mention of discs getting lost or damaged.......the plot thickens......

(Hint: "Arrrgghhhhhh!")

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

He didn't say it's Steam Edition.....only had it a couple days....no discs to speak of, but no mention of discs getting lost or damaged.......the plot thickens......

(Hint: "Arrrgghhhhhh!")

He did mention that he didn't have access to his discs. And there is a method of doing a repair for FSX Steam Edition. N4GIX mentioned it either here or over THERE.

Bill does good! It was over THERE!

Logon to Steam, then run the Validate against your FSX:SE program. It will automatically fix any problem files. But will it replace any missing files??? Do plots thicken like gravy?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sounds more like a mar96 problem than an FSX one. That folder is 4.82 gig. I doubt anybody is going to waste bandwidth because someone got happy with the delete key.

I have asked the powers that be to make a call about requests like this.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

...I have asked the powers that be to make a call about requests like this.
We do not condone violations of any EULA. None.

That being said, we are also not EULA enforcers.

As in our stance, vis-a-vis, P3D, it is a private, personal, decision.

Let your conscience be your guide.

Now, before this one goes completely south, Ye Ol' Lock appears...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived