Good landing

Artur Mycroft

And I'm not sure that there are trees just before runway in real world...

There are at some airports. Some also have power lines next to the runway. Some have mountains nearby.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

There are at some airports. Some also have power lines next to the runway. Some have mountains nearby.

In my neck of the woods we have an airport that was built before WWII. After WWII subdivisions were built all around it on the G.I. Bill. Those houses now have enormous trees which the FAA is trying to cut down for obvious safety issues. This case will probably go a long way in the court system. Meantime, the FAA has had to put draconian rules on the use of this airport which was our only commercial airport until well into the '50s.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Try flying into Chiloquin Airport near Klammath Falls, Or. sometime. I live near it, and drive by it constantly on my way into town (one grocery store, one hardware, one coffee shop, etc etc) and there are trees on a mountain at one end, and trees and wires at the other. With big orange spheres on them for visibility. Uncotrolled airport, but an alternate for FedEx aircraft for when Klammath is closed for whatever reason, and a refueling/repair stop for fire-fighting choppers when necessary. Also a nice place for pilots to come get the famous $100.00 hamburger at Melita's across the highway from the transient parking area. We even had a Beech 200 in once. Hard to believe, I know...

OOPS! sorry: 2S7 is the airport designator, Oregon, USA, if you want to give her a shot. I almost managed to drop a C130 in here once, in FS9...

Sorry, rambling again...I stop...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Just there on sim. It shows some trees on the mountain but not the power lines. Either way at 3735' I wouldn't want to land anything much bigger than the King Air there. Although I might try a GV, just for fun.

BTW: Are you the guy walking the black dog behind the hanger? I Love ORBX!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I was landing somewhere recently & a building appeared right in the middle of the runway.

Yep, default Wattisham Army (EGUN) has the tower in the middle of the runway.

This well known FSX misstep made me jump into ADE and scenery design. Never stopped since. Thank you M$.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived