My 500 gb SSD is running out of space. MSFS, FSX and my Windows 10 OS are on it, along with everything else on my computer. Does anyone have any recommendations on a reliable cloning software that will handle cloning my 500 gb SSD over to a terrabyte size SSD? Thanks.

I use the free version of Macrium Reflect, it'll clone your existing drive and automatically expand the partition to fit your new drive.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Better to have posted this in the PC SOFTWARE TECH forum since your question has nothing to do directly with Microsoft Flight Simulator.

EASSO's Disk Genius program works well. I've used the free version many times with zero problems. And it's one of the few utilities that can even clone a larger system drive to a smaller volume. If you connect the new drive to your present system, you can do a "hot" clone process with Disk Genius; it uses Windows Shadow Copy tech to do it.

https://www.diskgenius.com/how-to/how-to-clone-laptop-hard-drive-to-ssd.php

Clonezilla is another but that requires much more tech savvy, but works well when cloning a smaller drive to a larger one. The reverse process, cloning a larger drive to a smaller one, hit-and-miss with SSD drives, and I wouldn't recommend it for that. A new version was released just a few days ago. Gratitude to the taxpayers of Taiwan for Clonezilla that comes from their Supercomputing Center. And Clonezilla requires creating a bootable USB drive or burn its ISO image file to make a bootable CD.

https://clonezilla.org/

The last time I used Macrium, it required submitting too much information to get a download link - including an email address. But that was some years ago. Maybe their newer free stuff isn't so intrusive.

Edited by ftldave
add txt

Macrium still asks for an email, but there are many email sites where you can set up a temporary email for 10 minutes to satisfy the site to send you the link :) Yea, some work, but heck Macrium is pretty good
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality