ILS approach using garmin G1000. What height at waypoint

Cas141

When activating vectors on an ILS approach using garmin G1000. how do I find at what height to arrive at for the first waypoint, say..

I notice on the flight plan , about halfway down there is something about "els. It seems to be where a height in ft should be.

TIA

Well, it might help if you mention which approach at which airport and which aircraft, as there is not a one-size-fits-all answer to this. Your question is more akin to "How high is up?" But if you're getting vectors you generally use the altitude that ATC tells you.

Do you have the approach plate (chart) for the approach your doing? When you say "the first waypoint" are you referring to the IAF (Initial Approach Fix), or to something else? Those approach plates are the real answer to your question, by the way.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

You will see from my question that I have said that .

I am using the Garmin G1000, and that I have activated the vectors. That should tell you something, like what the Garmin then shows. I suspect you didn't relate to that.

Are you familiar with the Garmin?

And also, It's reasonable to assume, as I'm using the Garmin thus, that I am flying VOR and not IFR, the latter being when ATC instructs me on heading and altitude.

OK, so the right terminology is IAF.

Yes it is that I am speaking about. On the Garmin it is referred to but there is no value ( height) shown.

As I suspect that there is a button to be pressed on the Garmin to show that, I was hoping someone knew if there was and which it was.

I'm aware of Approach plates, but I can't seem to find any site on the Web from where I can access them.

I have seen threads where sites are linked , but these web pages are no longer available.

Does anyone know where I can access Approach plates, as this would be one answer.

Though I was hoping that an answer lay in the Garmin G1000 somewhere.i.e.

My original question.

when you google: Garmin G1000 fsx

You find many many different G 1000 versions. Some freeware, sone payware,

No idea which one you have.

Different aircraft start their approach at different altitudes.

an example would help

flight:

from where to where?

what aircraft type? (payware?)

cruise alt?

which IAF?

which STAR?

etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does matter which flight etc.

You are approaching an airport.myou ask for permission to land.

They tell you which runway to land st.

So, on the Garmin, you press zProc and select the approach for that runway.

What comes up is certain info, including the IAF, and a line which seems to give a value as to feet at the IAF, except the value is blank.

Now , if I had the Approach plates of the airport I could get the info from them.

But I'm asking if Garmin can show it somehow, I.e is there a button to press etc.

If not, so be it.

But you going on about giving you what you list is nowt to do with it. .....?..