AFCAD Lock to Flightsim Not Working

Qballbandit

Hello folks,

Using a WIN10 gaming rig, I am trying to lock AFCAD to the sim so I can add parking spots to numerous airports. I start the sim, select the airport and aircraft, go to top down view, slew, etc., but I do not have my plane locked to AFCAD with a crosshair. I also try hitting "O" to add a spot, but nothing shows up in AFCAD. I do have the freeware FSUIPC from 2013.

Am I missing a step? Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks,

Neil

edit: yes, I select "lock to flight sim" in AFCAD as well.

Edited by Qballbandit

Have you tried the freeware FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool from Flight1: https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Just a shot in the dark here but did you try to run AFCAD as administrator? I know some here are not a fan of this method but it is the only way I get things to work on my setup. My Windows 10 is an upgrade directly over the old Windows 7 one.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not a lot of help … I had this problem originally under W10 and managed to get it working, but can't remember how!

Possibly having AFCAD installed on my D drive rather than in C:\Program Files (x86) might have been the solution. I've got all sorts of bits and pieces on my D drive that work perfectly from there that mis-behave or run very slowly when installed on the C drive.

douga66 nailed it. ;)

I had to run it as ADMIN for the lock feature to perform. Didn't think of that because other functionality works fine without having to do so.

It is not in WIN7 comp mode, and installed into a unique folder on the "C".

Thanks to all who provided support, I greatly appreciate it. :)

Neil