Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remembering FS9 Pioneers

...and don't forget Kazunori Ito, JR Lucariny, Vladimir Zhyhulskiy, Rick Piper and, and, and...

Thumbs up Some more Pioneers

I tip my hat to these designers as well:

A.F. Scrub - unusual aircraft, tweaking (find his creations here).

Erwin Welker - panel configurations, liveries, addons, pilotable ships (find his creations here).

Stuart Green - WWWI and WWII aircraft (find his creations here).

Ted Cook - British classic aircraft (find his creations here).

David Molyneaux - British classic aircraft and scenery (find his creations here).

Kazunori Ito - original models, repaints (find his creations here).

Bob Chicilo - aircraft, flight dynamics mods (find his creations here).

Tom Goodrick - flight dynamics improvements, aircraft (find his creations here).

Kevin Bryan - unusual aircraft, "Unreal Aviation" (find his creations here).

Dennis Simanaitis - pioneer aircraft, "Old Hangar" creations (find his creations here).
    Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com
    For Missions in FSX and P3D

Also not to forget MAAM-Sim with Bill Rambow, Jan Visser, Fred Banting, Robert Young, Bill Womack, Howard Sodja and Mark Beaumont with their marvelous DC-3, B-25 Mitchel and TBM Avenger.

As well as Marco Spada, the panel artist from Italia.
    Last edited by scotty; 08-09-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Im going to make a list of all the developers listed
    in this post and see what I may have missed over the years.

Another we may have missed ... Henry Tomkiewicz (HTAI)

Don Grovestine has left us on 03/08/2022.
    Rest in peace.

There are still a few that haven't been mentioned yet and have retired from FS9 and given up further creations. I am thinking, for example, of John Young (JYAI). And that's quite symptomatic.

You have listed numerous names of very appreciated persons here which have supported and promoted the further development of FS9 with decisive contributions. With a few exceptions, unfortunately we can no longer count on their cooperation.

Therefore my simple but very apprehensive question: who will follow? If any. I don't think anyone has seriously understood and noticed the latent impoverishment of FS9.

Bernard

767 'PIC' Eric Ernst......
    Last edited by piet06273; 08-12-2022 at 03:58 PM.

The late Gary Russell for some excellent aircraft. His unfinished but still useable Bristol Superfreighter and Canadair CL-44 are well worth having. Also the late Leon Louis who gave us a large number of fictitious but very enjoyable Quebec airfields sceneries. Finally Don Grovestine ,maker of superb British Columbia airport scenery, who's recent death was announced earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by leuen View Post
    There are still a few that haven't been mentioned yet and have retired from FS9 and given up further creations. I am thinking, for example, of John Young (JYAI). And that's quite symptomatic.

You have listed numerous names of very appreciated persons here which have supported and promoted the further development of FS9 with decisive contributions. With a few exceptions, unfortunately we can no longer count on their cooperation.

Therefore my simple but very apprehensive question: who will follow? If any. I don't think anyone has seriously understood and noticed the latent impoverishment of FS9.

Bernard
    Who will follow? Hard to say; it's a foregone conclusion that whomever picks up the mantle, it's purely for the love of the Sim. You're not going to see new content from the big Payware companies; as long as they can make top dollar on their existing offerings (they can thank the online Retailers for that), they'll keep selling them, regardless of how long ago they were 'made'. To them, FS9 is obsolete.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen
    AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast