aircraft conversion

It was possible to convert FSX-native aircraft when MSFS was first launched, but two years of sim updates have made successful conversion very problematic, if not impossible in most cases.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I feel like a fool with this question. I go back to FS5, can I convert any FS planes to FS2022 ? Thanks for any help to an 82 year old retired

Capt.

I'm but a young whipper-snapper at 73, but 1. there are NO dumb questions, and B. Life will be easiest just selecting new MSFS 2020 ready aircraft, either from the sim's Marketplace or other after-market vendors.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

drag and drop old planes into new sims used to work for MS's FS sims, might miss a few gauges on the panel, and often found no propellers or rotor blades, but usually worked OK.

That doesn't work anymore. And conversion apps don't seem to satisfy many.

The solution is for the original aircraft devs, whether freeware or payware, to learn about the new sim, and update the core features of the product. Learning, sharing learned tips, and completing projects will take time, so embrace patience ( a lost skill?)

the downside is they won't come fast. The upside is, the pace at which projects get completed, due to the growing knowledge base, MIGHT result in an acceleration in projects getting complete, as time goes on. Emphasis on "might"!!!