B787 Heavy PFD and map problem

My B787 works fine - but tempted by all the rave comments, I added in the Heavy-Division mod. Although parts of it work OK, there is clearly an issue with the PFD and the map:

B787 PFD.jpg

This is with the B787 loaded, electrics on, route entered in CDU. It's clear

that the PFD does not appear at all the same as the basic (ie non-heavy) version. The map display is not showing anything. All of this works perfectly well on the basic version. I have, of course, tried the usual re-booting, reloading the B78XH download, re-downloading in case it was corrupted. It's always the same.

Is this something that others have seen? Any ideas? Help gratefully received!

It’s nothing wrong waits for the IRS. Check the IRS settings in the FMS-HEAVY.

I mostly only fly older GA aircraft -no glass panels - can someone translate the above sentence into words a gopher-brain like ME could understand? lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

The IRS is the Inertial Reference System (https://skybrary.aero/articles/inertial-reference-system-irs) a GPS-type 3-axis position locator which runs off 3 gyroscopes - you have to wait for these gyroscopes to get up to speed and then for the system to initialise and complete it's start-up.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks - makes sense. I reckon I gotta learn me some glass panel GPS stuff one of these years.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Having said it all worked fine, now not so. Loading up, settings all set, CDU programmed. Take off, set AP. Aircraft climbs but in a series of porpoising leaps. Disconnect AP and hand fly briefly, reset AP. Climb continues as before but once past the first WP it just keeps going, not following the route. Then starts an anti-clockwise turn, slowly but unstoppably going in circles. Time to bale out, getting dizzy.

I shall go back to the non-Heavy version and see what happens.

Having said it all worked fine, now not so. Loading up, settings all set, CDU programmed. Take off, set AP. Aircraft climbs but in a series of porpoising leaps. Disconnect AP and hand fly briefly, reset AP. Climb continues as before but once past the first WP it just keeps going, not following the route. Then starts an anti-clockwise turn, slowly but unstoppably going in circles. Time to bale out, getting dizzy.

I shall go back to the non-Heavy version and see what happens.

I do not any problems especially the ones you describe. I would suggest to address your problems to their Discord site at: https://discord.gg/CfHuVbWfpQ