FSX HMS Bounty Won't Move

Hello,

I know this is an old subject, but a search for “FSX HMS Bounty won’t move” brought me to a very old thread. I have tried everything in the thread including reinstalling FSX. No success. The Bounty worked just fine in FSX-SE, but I can no longer use Steam. I installed FSX Deluxe from disk and have upgraded to SP2, installed FSUIPC 4.977, but the Bounty no longer moves even with an 18kt wind from my back.

Please help.

Calvin

Yes. I have sailed the Bounty for hundreds(thousands?) of hours over the years. I know what I am doing. Still, for the sake of clarity...

• FSX Deluxe Edition (disk) upgraded to SP2
  • FSUIPC 4.977 (latest) installed
  • Start FSX and choose HMS Bounty, slew to water
  • Weigh anchor
  • Set sails to "Auto" with "Green Light"
  • Slew rotation to have 18kt wind coming from aft.

Any ideas? I could have missed something, so feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions.

Calvin

Hello,

Can I please get some help with this? I have searched for days and followed every thread I could find without success. I am at a complete loss after trying everything I can find (see above).

FYI - I can no longer fly. The HMS Bounty is the only vehicle I can enjoy in FSX.

Take care,

Calvin

Hello,

I know this is an old subject, but a search for “FSX HMS Bounty won’t move” brought me to a very old thread. I have tried everything in the thread including reinstalling FSX. No success. The Bounty worked just fine in FSX-SE, but I can no longer use Steam. I installed FSX Deluxe from disk and have upgraded to SP2, installed FSUIPC 4.977, but the Bounty no longer moves even with an 18kt wind from my back.

Please help.

Calvin

Calvin, I posted a reply in the other thread.

Please ensure your Realism settings are set to "Hard". (Will not work on "Easy" realism in FSX.)

Also, check this thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/116911-HMS-Bounty?highlight=hms+bounty

Edited by ifrfun

Milton Shupe, FS2004 Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials -

Website Location for My Aircraft

My Flightsim Uploads

This issue has been resolved. The problem lay in the old, saved installer zip files. They must have been corrupted. I downloaded new fresh files (install and update files) and everything works!

Thanks to everyone for the help and again, to Milton, Rob, etc. for this wonderful tall ship. As a personal note, I can no longer fly, drive, nor race. The HMS Bounty is the only FSX sim enjoyment I can successfully use. :)

Calvin

Glad you got it...

Happy sail Calvin

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

This issue has been resolved. The problem lay in the old, saved installer zip files. They must have been corrupted. I downloaded new fresh files (install and update files) and everything works!

Thanks to everyone for the help and again, to Milton, Rob, etc. for this wonderful tall ship. As a personal note, I can no longer fly, drive, nor race. The HMS Bounty is the only FSX sim enjoyment I can successfully use. :)

Calvin

Hi Calvin,

Glad you solved it.

By the way:

The Test gauge picture values show that everything worked as intended , EXCEPT the internal commanding of speed in FSX.

Which would be a problem with install of FSUIPC, or any other gauge/module I use to command the long. speed in FSX. (this is depending on the Bounty version you use).

But since it's working now .....

Best regards, Rob Barendregt