It's up on flightsim.to now and should be in the library here later.

Thanks Tim. watching for "ATC Generic Callouts Mod"

You (I) wouldn't think simply editing the aircraft.cfg would cause the updating to have a convulsion, I was relieved to be able to figure out the issue quickly.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If you get issues Tim, what hope for the rest of us?!

I've no idea how my PC's Microsoft and Xbox accounts became corrupted in the first place, but now that my PC MSFS is registered to my Xbox account only that shouldn't happen again - famous last words, hoho!

tiger1962 I saved your post in case I have that same issue again. I had the same thing happen about a month after I bought the sim. I used the XBox for PC for almost a year after the sim came out. I could never fix the issue of why the sim would never update. I then contacted my credit card to reverse the charge since MS would not issue a refund. Mysteriously about 4 days after my CC bank contacted MS my sim updated and started working again. It's been fine since. I had posted my issue in the official forum but it was always closed. I never had more than 1 request for help open at one time. The moderators just wouldn't keep my post open.

Some of those moderators seem to be new or inexperienced - you'd think they'd at least advise you to report the issue to zendesk if they hadn't got a clue themselves, or maybe we're not supposed to know about those Xbox credentials files in case hackers get hold of them?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have now updated the sim & have had a quick flight around Leeds/Bradford in the Robin DR400. No problems here. It downloaded & installed ok. Not sure if VR is any smoother though as it was pretty good before for me.

I hadn’t flown the Robin for a while, but I noticed tonight there’s an annoying reflection coming from the centre of the windscreen (in VR) Never seen this before. All good otherwise :)

Edit: just taken the C172 for a spin. No annoying reflection with that so maybe it’s just the Robin. There does appear to be more reflections generally though (unless I’m imagining it) and looks pretty good.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

The update went smooth as silk for me. No problems found as of yet. The sim is working fine for me. But I have rarely had any problem, just one since December 2020. Maybe it's my setup.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Not sure if VR is any smoother though

Well I am now! I have just installed the latest nvidia GPU drivers and wow! MSFS is even smoother! Took a high speed tour of London in the Hawk T1 and it was so smooth :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well I am now! I have just installed the latest nvidia GPU drivers and wow! MSFS is even smoother! Took a high speed tour of London in the Hawk T1 and it was so smooth :)

Regards

Steve

I have to give you a personal thank you, Steve, for mentioning the new Nvidia driver. I just downloaded it, installed it, restarted my computer and immediately started up MSFS and did a test flight. WOW!!! What a difference! I usually have stutters when turning while taxiing on the ground at an airport or when looking down at the instruments while panning left to right (or right to left) in the Baron G58 (my favorite aircraft). No more stuttering. I also had some slight stuttering looking out and down at the ground of the left window but now it is buttery smooth, even with my lowly Nvidia RTX 2080 video card! It is so exciting! I thank you again for mentioning that detail so I could take advantage of it. You're the MAN!

My Regards

Kevin

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks Kevin, and thanks nVidia!

GPU drivers rarely make such a big difference but 512.59 certainly has :)

Regards

Steve

I downloaded and installed NVIDA's update and now MSFS won't start, I get a message from MS telling me that I'm offline.

Of course I am "online", or I wouldn't be posting this. I have no idea what to do to get MSFS working again - any ideas?

It started loading after about 15 minutes.

I don't know what that was all about.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

After update to SU9 everything seemed normal but had a CTD after loading a 737 flight and then problems with loading MSFS so did a windows reboot and now had the same message of being offline but it ids online. Video drivers are up to date, Community file half emptied but cannot get program to start to test with an empty Community folder. XBox app tells me it has an error and does not even see my subscription and the program says to insert a MSFS disc to start loading. Have not had problems like this since very first days of MSFS!!

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I downloaded and installed NVIDA's update and now MSFS won't start, I get a message from MS telling me that I'm offline.

Of course I am "online", or I wouldn't be posting this. I have no idea what to do to get MSFS working again - any ideas?

It started loading after about 15 minutes.

I don't know what that was all about.

They are having problems with the servers.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/is-there-any-problem-with-the-servers/515772

Regards

Steve

yea all back online again now, just an inflight scare, like when you forget to switch tanks

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Spoke too soon, server must be messing up again, is is Asobo? A heads up would me nice on the flightsim main page. It would be nice to know before wasting time trying to load.

At least I did find today the website that the Xbox app leads you to to find out if and when their server is in trouble and it was out most of today