No Gauges Showing up

wyodeacon

Hi Guys, I have done a search and can't find anything on my problem. I suddenly have no gauges showing in any airplane, other than the mechanical gauges like in the Otter. I am running FSX w/Acceleration. I even uninstalled Accel, performed an FSX repair, then re-installed Accel and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

air-1.jpg

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

I see that power is on, at least on the 737. How about avionics? You may need to assign a ketboard command to the Master Avionics switch. Default 737 does not have a cockpit switch.

Could it be due to your "Default Flight" being messed up? My default flight was set for "cold and dark" with the avionics switch turned on. Used the default Baron58 which has the switch on the panel.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

mrzippy, I looked on my master list and set Avionics Master for as it says. It worked the first time, but when I closed FSX, then reloaded, it will not work. I would think this switch should be set for ON all the time, no?
Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

I was wrong. the cockpit I was trying to use on my A350 was an add-on. When I want back to the original, it works. Apparently the add-on needs some extra gauges I don't have. All other aircraft working too.

I was wrong. the cockpit I was trying to use on my A350 was an add-on. When I want back to the original, it works. Apparently the add-on needs some extra gauges I don't have. All other aircraft working too.

mrzippy, I don't know what's happening. I closed FSX, re-loaded and now none of the gauges show on any airplanes. I'm not sure what to do except uninstall and reinstall.

I removed the airplane and it didn't matter. Since I did a repair and lost my add-on programs, I think I'll just uninstall/reinstall FSX and be done with it. Thanks for your help. I don't know why it worked once, but never again. Oh well.

dbauder, yeah it is. I even removed all the gauges then started FSX, shut it off and replaced the gauges.....but no go. Thanks for responding.

In those images most gauges are present.

Only things not showing info are the electronic displays.

The cause is, the displays are not getting electrical power. Possibly battery drained. Or (invisible) swith set to off.

This problematic setting is in your startup flight and the issue wil happen in every flight you load after starting fsx.

To correct it, restore the default startup flight.

--------

To restore the default startup flight (ultralight over friday harbor).

Shut down Fsx first.

With fsx shut down, open the fsx.cfg file.

find the line:

situation="name of your saved default flight"

change that to:

situation=

close and save.

start fsx.

your default flight will be back to be "ultralight over friday harbor".

(Battery will be charged and all the switches will be in their default positions. Also the invisible ones like "avionics master on/off" yof course.)

-----

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

il88pp, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. It probably would have worked. As it is, I'm in the middle of reinstalling FSX, so I will have the default flight you suggested. Thanks for answering.