FS Recorder for FSX

Installed Version 2.1 but can't see a menu entry to launch it. I'm running FSX Steam on Windows 10. I did search and found various discussions of this, none of which I really understood, so thought I'd chance my arm to see if anyone here had a new quick fix.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I tried v1.331. It seems to be installed OK (there's a security warning asking me if I trust it etc.) but then nowhere in the menu to launch it from once FSX is running.

Any other ideas?

It should be on the Addons menu. The only think I can think of is it may need a particular version of Simconnect. You have to install all the legacy versions. You can get them here, among other places.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

one more reason to use older sims...fsrecorder works fine on fs9 although it would have been fine adding audio to make the video more compatible for youtube, with 2004 you usually have to use one of the youtube music library's songs to replace the quietness,

Just to wrap this up in case anyone else is having the same problem, I've discovered what the problem is: I didn't realise you had to install SimConnect by running the four installers, one of which is in the folder "lib" at FSX>SDK>Core Utilities Kit>SimConnect SDK and the other three of which are in the respective subfolders in the folder "LegacyInterfaces" at the same location. Having done that, there is now a new heading "Add ons" in the FSX Menu bar and the FS Recorder is there.

Thanks to you all above who contributed to this thread to help me get there!

NK

• 2 weeks later...

Am I to understand Steam doesn't include Simconnect in that particular incarnation of FSX? If so, that's BS.

Just another reason while I'll never use Steam for a complex cog that is FSX or FS2004. Too many inner working modules and what have you for Steam to turn the Sim into a steaming pile of you know what.

Don't get me wrong, I use Steam and battle.net and epic games, but not for the Sim, not ever. I'm glad I bought FSX deluxe back in the day on eBay when I was able to. I'm actually thinking about going Prepar3d one day though. All of the glory of FSX with sprinkles!

Just an added note here. If you go to your FSX.cfg home of C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX there are two xml files. One is called dll.xml and the other is exe.xml. These XML files deal with modules. If a module doesn't work right then you'll want to open the exe.xml or dll.xml file in Notepad ++ and tailor. I had to do precisely that when I installed the FSXSave module (absolute life saver). The FSXSave installer never created its needed exe.xml entries.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Am I to understand Steam doesn't include Simconnect in that particular incarnation of FSX? If so, that's BS.

No, Simconnect is included as described in the post previous to yours. You just need to run the installers manually after FSX is installed. The Steam edition of the sim works quite well, and has some minor improvements over the disc based version.

Yeah, I know about the minor improvements which to me isn't much of a selling point since I did that all to my Sim plus some right after install. I also don't recall having to install anything for Simconnect functionality. It's been awhile, but as I recall, when I fired up Little Navmap for the first time it made a connection to Simconnect straight away...