Over and over ...

Once again, the familiar scenario is repeated: a thread that starts with an innocent question is brought to a halt because of one individual whose interest in MSFS is solely to trash it (though he has never actually tried it). Is this something that must be tolerated forever, or is there a solution? I leave that to the moderators to decide.

Sadly, there are going to be those that do that, no matter the sim. I haven't used MSFS myself, I'm sticking with my FSX because it's been very stable for me, and I'm still able to make changes and add planes. And I don't plan on going to it, because of the way I like to fly in FSX, mainly IFR, up above where the eagles fly!!! So, I don't need to see all the buildings and look for my house in the sim kind of thing.

But, that doesn't mean that I'm going to bash MSFS. It is a work in progress, not like in the old days when you got a program, it was a complete program, with the occasional patch to fix issues as they pop up. I think I heard someone say that this is going to be a 20+ year project, which means alot of updates, patches, so on. It's not going to be for everyone, for sure.

Just remember, opinions are like noses, everyone has one. Unless your the person who cut off their nose just to spite their face, oh well :)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Ever since the creation of FS 1.0 and its subsequent creations, people have the tendency to resist changes or the acceptance of a new breed of software, in fact this happens with every type of program. Mostly people tend to be resistance to changes. Thank God I've always "jumped on the band wagon" of new technology and I have been programing since 'Cobol' to C++. I started with MFS since version 1.0 I most say MSFS is here to stay but I also have FSX running in my desktop and I accept that MSFS is the future of flying simulation and as any other technology, there is no way back except to reminisce. IMHO.

The sad thing, is that this person sees it as a dichotomy, if FS2020 succeeds, it will be the demise of FS2004. I will point out, there are still adherents to FS95 that still build aircraft and operate that version. If the person didn't feel so threatened, we could all enjoy our hobby. There are legitimate reasons to retain some of the older versions, selection of addons, a product that won't change, systems complexity for the next few months. I realize some have invested a small fortune to dress up the older sims, and they are reluctant to forego their investment. But FS2020 competes nicely with all those products right from the stock installation. I might note, the other person incorrectly assumed that all four shots were from FS2020. In fact, two of the shots were from FS2020 and two from FS2002. The pairs are at the same positions, take off from Buffalo, WY on runway 31, and flying into the Bighorn Mountain foothills. If you open the shots, you can easily see the enormous improvement in the shots from FS2020.

Once again, both products can coexist. The other person need not crusade to trash FS2020 for FS2004 to thrive., We don't go to his FS2004 forum and post derogatory comments. Just stay where you are appreciated, and let the rest of us enjoy as well!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

We don't go to his FS2004 forum and post derogatory comments. Just stay where you are appreciated, and let the rest of us enjoy as well!

Seconded. There's your solution, mods.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

With modern forum software, there ought to be a way to block a malicious poster from each segment of the forum. Since he does not even own MS2020, his comments won't add any useful information to this segment, and he can still post away in the FS2004 segment. That ought to be enforced! Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

With modern forum software, there ought to be a way to block a malicious poster from each segment of the forum. Since he does not even own MS2020, his comments won't add any useful information to this segment, and he can still post away in the FS2004 segment. That ought to be enforced!

Mind reader! Just sent Dom a PM! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

With modern forum software, there ought to be a way to block a malicious poster from each segment of the forum.

There is, and has been for some time - it happened to me years ago on a non-FS forum for telling an inappropriate joke of all things. I've known the person in question through these forums for years, since my own time as an FS9 nut, and he's a great guy, honestly.

I happen to know that he doesn't like VC-only planes with no 2D panels, and I think that's what his protest is really all about.

I didn't either, until I bought Dovetail's Flight Sim World (yes, I know!) and had no choice but to find my way around a VC. The thing is that the VC's in MSFS are nothing like the VC's in FS9 or even FSX - it's a totally new system which zooms in to the panel you want to see as if it was a 2D pop-up panel. Brilliant. It's one of the best things about MSFS, and there are many others as well as the photo scenery.

Mind reader! Just sent Dom a PM! ;)

Thanks Charlie!

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim, my original post was not about opinions or protests, which are certainly a legitimate part of every forum. Rather, it was about one individual single-handedly causing thread after thread to end up locked, which penalizes everybody. This is deliberate disruption and should have no place in the forums.

Deliberate disruption is a form of protest, from industrial action (strike) to environment campaigners blockading oil refineries. I agree that it has no place in every forum discussion about the merits of MSFS. Edited by tiger1962

I've known the person in question through these forums for years, since my own time as an FS9 nut, and he's a great guy, honestly.

Thanks Tim and likewise.

Unfortunately my posts have been placed under mod approval while people, one of the same 4 each and every time btw, can create threads like this which are a pure individual attack that I now cannot respond too.

I had a great deal planned for flight simmers (yes, FS9 simmers) as my free time from next year massively increases. However, if a site starts with BS like this, I leave the site and the community to never return.

All the best to the good people here. To the dysfunctional human beings who take a game soooo seriously, you have issues. I'm glad I don't have anything to do with you in real life. To me, you are only text on my screen remarking on a game I play and when text on my screen about a game starts to bother me, I'll know I have issues too! LOL

Cheers and goodbye.

(Hopefully Flightsim have the decency to allow this post)

Mark Daniels

Mark, I don't dislike you, I really don't know enough about you to have an opinion. The thing that bothers several off us, is that threads which could provide useful information get needlessly closed. If you posted whatever opinions or statements in the FS9 segment of the forum, I assure you I would not care. I don't dislike FS9 or FSX. I run both FSX and FS2002 and I have had FS9 in the past. As I mentioned in the other thread, there are things about FS9 that are better for some purposes than FS2020. The issue is the threads getting locked when questions are not fully answered. You have a venue to post all your opinions, why not just stay in that segment and avoid all the consternation?

All I can say is, the FlyByWire A320, a FREE mod, doesn't feel like a toy to me. In fact, I'm still learning how to properly fly this plane. Definitely NOT a Ctrl + E engine start.

And the FMC is much more complicated than I'm used to, but I'm getting there...

Combined with (in my opinion) THE BEST world scenery, and man, I'm in Flight Sim Heaven!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home