A short ferry hop in South Carolina

Rupert

There is an old saying in the flying community that all flight hours are valuable. In that context I volunteered to fly a little ferry hop to get a plane home to Charleston Executive Airport. Hey they bought the gas and my lunch, I get to log the hours!! ;)

As is my norm, on pretty much every flight in a plane I haven't flown last I always do a run up, check everything out, and unless the traffic is way to heavy do a touch and Go landing before I leave the area of my departure airport. If it's going to have a problem I want to be as close as possible to a site to make an emergency landing if needed! :eek:

Don't forget to click on the shots. You get a bigger view and often some flight context.

Michael

1 Readt to Go  SC87 .jpg

2 Coclpit View.jpg

3 Downwind SC 87 Avinger Field.jpg

4 Final T&G SC87.jpg

5 Turning towards KJZI Charleston Executive Airport.jpg

6 Some lowlands in South Carolina.jpg

7 KJZI in sight.jpg

8 A little low on approach.jpg

9 Touchdownn at Charleston Exec..jpg

10 Taxi to PARKING.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great set! Looks like a nice flight.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Michael - Do you like the Glass Panel in that particular Baron? I liked the paint, but not the panel, and I did some tinkering to get both the paint I like plus the standard 2D panel that I like! JMHO!

Rick:cool:

It works fine for me, especially the autopilot which makes it so much easier to take the screen shots. But then again, using three monitors I can look out of the cockpit better than if I just had the one up.

Nice story and flight. I replicated the flight, just for fun - always like a purpose/mission. Cheers.

Yes Frank,

I do the same on a regular basis. That's one of my favorite parts of this site. People using all different brands of sims post flights. Then I replicate it and compare how it looks to me compared to how they displayed it.

As usual, thanks to everyone who looked at this flight. And especially to those who reply! On occasion I've posted one I put a lot of time into and received no replies. It's almost "is anyone out there." Which is why I try to remember to reply to most others' posts.

Michael