Sim Update 7 - update your Microsoft Store App!

There's an update today for Microsoft Store AND Microsoft Gaming App - make sure you get them both installed and your PC rebooted before attempting to download Sim Update 7!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're welcome - I mention it because the new Microsoft Store App is radically different in appearance and may work differently too for all I know.

The three dots in the top right corner have gone, and there's a column down the left margin with a Library icon at the bottom left of the screen which opens your installed Apps list.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Rebooted done a store update + all. fire up fs and no update yet this end (UK)

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Guest Robert455
And don’t forget the community folder if you believe in that. Rename it and make a new empty one or whatever your favorite method is. It would be so nice if Microsoft initialized everything on its own without forcing this on users.

You're welcome - I mention it because the new Microsoft Store App is radically different in appearance and may work differently too for all I know.

The three dots in the top right corner have gone, and there's a column down the left margin with a Library icon at the bottom left of the screen which opens your installed Apps list.

It's now the same Store app as Windows 11 uses, and is meant to be a better app overall.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-11-new-app-store

Aha! So we're getting updated to Windows 11 one App at a time! :p

Okay - so do we update in Windows XBox app or Store? Because my flightsim is now listed on the Xbox app and no longer appearing in Windows Store.....or, maybe that's because like someone stated earlier, the update is tomorrow, the 19th? Because there's still nothing even though its 24 minutes from this post as another person stated on this thread.

There's an update today for Microsoft Store AND Microsoft Gaming App - make sure you get them both installed and your PC rebooted before attempting to download Sim Update 7!

What if you're on Steam instead of the Microsoft Store?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

the update is now live this end!

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Here is a silly question And I only ask this because last update somehow no I downloaded the whole game from scratch scratch. What is this new update 33.4 gigabytes? That's what I'm downloading now I'm hoping I'm not redownloading the whole sim again

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Here is a silly question And I only ask this because last update somehow no I downloaded the whole game from scratch scratch. What is this new update 33.4 gigabytes? That's what I'm downloading now I'm hoping I'm not redownloading the whole sim again

you're on the right track this time......

Lol thank God.

I can't wait for the skymaster to be available and for reno air races...

I am also trying the Google maps mod from flightsim.to. I watched the tutorial and it looks super simple to try. It looks so much better and if I don't like it or it does not work, I did not have to delete anything or have to revert back to Bing. It looks pretty easy (said every electrical helper his first day lol)

What if you're on Steam instead of the Microsoft Store?

With Steam you can ignore the MS Store part (wouldn't hurt to get the latest MS Store update for other apps and services on your system though), and go into Steam to get the initial update. After that, the update process is the same.

While updates aren't usually the same size as the initial download, it does depend on how significant the updates are, and how many files for the sim were changed. If there are enough changes and updates, it could be quite a large download.

Lol thank God.

I can't wait for the skymaster to be available and for reno air races...

I am also trying the Google maps mod from flightsim.to. I watched the tutorial and it looks super simple to try. It looks so much better and if I don't like it or it does not work, I did not have to delete anything or have to revert back to Bing. It looks pretty easy (said every electrical helper his first day lol)

misread post

Edited by The One and Only

Thank you for your good advice, it made my download very smooth. I updated all apps including MS store and after rebooting I simply clicked all update again and the sim started updating automatically. Regards