My aircraft from hell! Well, not the only one, but the one that I ended up keeping!

2021-10-31_13-47-53-159.jpg

Most freeware download aircraft require a bit of tweeking to make them a "keeper!" But, this one really tried my patience! Shame on me for not reading and taking past comments about AI aircraft being converted to flyable, downloadable aircraft MORE SERIOUS! This case in point is an Airbus A350-900, FSpainter aircraft, can be found in this site's library, file name of fsp_airbus_a350-900-1.zip.

2842 downloads and not the first negative comment (until mine), which to me, would suggest it might be a great download! It is now, and my comments about the download are definitely negative, as should some who have previously downloaded this file! I stuck with it, though, to get it to where I would consider this a "keeper" for my collection. As you can see, it is quite appealing to the eye, and flies as well, but it definitely took some time and effort getting it where it is today! Seems to me that the developer should have put more effort in his/her offering prior to submission. Also, we as end users of these aircraft, should be submitting comments, both positive and negative where comments are warranted! :rolleyes:

I do appreciate the efforts that flight sim developers put into their work in affording us quality aircraft which can be used by many of us in our enjoyment of this hobby we call flight simming! Thank you for your fine work!

Rick :cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Getting the aircraft flying the way it should was the hard part, now, the fun part is enjoying it and finding some very nice repaints to go along with the aircraft! Here is one I found that was nice, a Finnair livery, and it definitely gives me a nice alternative in flying the A350!

2021-11-2_8-5-32-32.jpg

Rick :cool:

This aircraft was originally an AI aircraft, thus the work needed to get it to where it was user friendly. Since we still don't have a quality A350 for FSX yet (and if we ever will), the team from FSP did some work on their AI A350 package to get it for users to fly. I know I put in a ton of work to get mine to fly right, and I'm still messing it with it

Well, David, it never has and never will be user friendly! I as an end user put in a ton of effort to call this a flyable aircraft and I thought I had it. I got it to where it would land decently, but later found the flaps are messed up. When the panel says you have no flaps deployed in a cruise altitude you are actually dragging one notch of flaps. I utilize a 4 flap setting which is the appropriate for Airbus aircraft. When making a final approach to an airport and you are at full flaps, as soon as the wheels touch the ground the spoilers deploy and the reversers activate, which is fine, at least to me knowing it will happen. However the flaps being at settings unbeknownst to the pilot, is totally unacceptable to me! The original download, along with a (2) nice repaints have been tossed to the File 13 trash can! Oh and while the FSP team is working on a fix, let them know, it took a Project Opensky set of Contact Points to get the aircraft to fly correctly!

Thank you for your efforts you have put into this project. I still believe it can be a very nice download for many out there. I just lost total confidence in

an AI aircraft being offered up as flyable. When you think that your cost cutting measures will pay off, sometimes they end up being a bigger nightmare and costing more money and effort in the long run! Better off to start all over if you want develope a nice Airbus A350 aircraft for freeware distribution! :rolleyes:

The settings on AI aircraft are drastically different than the flyable ones. Usually, the weights done match the actual aircraft, the fuel is less, and the MOI are usually WAY off. They do look pretty when you fly past one in the air, or see one taxiing or parked at an airport. But flying one of them is a monster!!!

David, you enjoy your FSpainter Airbus aircraft. You don't have to tell me of FSP's intent in making the conversion and for you to point out the differences of AI vs flyable to me. One thing I do know, FSP's futile attempt at converting this aircraft from AI to flyable and then to offer it up to the flight simming community as a perfectly fine aircraft is beyond me! Yes, the aircraft and the repaints that followed are very nice looking in their own. However, looks aren't really going to make this freeware aircraft a success! At the end of each freeware listing, there is an opportunity for end users to make their comments, positive or negative, and I did make mine!

Don't try to sell me on this download offering! Right now, the download sits in the depths of my File 13 trash can where it truly belongs! You go on using yours as you see fit!

Looks Great Rick!! Glad you got it up and flying!

Michael

Thanks Michael, but, I thought I had it until i looked at the aircraft from an "exterior" view and noticed I was dragging 10* flaps at cruising altitude!

I could retract the flaps, but would have to hit F7 one time, to get the flaps retracted, but then the interior would show I had 10* flaps extended and I would lose one flap setting in the overall scheme of things! The whole thing just wasn't right, pretty to look at, but I chose to dump it to File 13! I have too many good aircraft to fly without making concessions with this one!

Hope all is well with you!