Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORBX EA-7 Edgley Optica

You were five in 1967, Tiger? And Steve was three years short of even being born? You chaps are making me feel old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    You were five in 1967, Tiger? And Steve was three years short of even being born? You chaps are making me feel old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry LOL

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thumbs down You get what you pay for

I wasn't expecting much for $9.99; no fancy gauges on the order of Asobo's aircraft, but I did expect a reasonably decent sim-flying machine. However, when I took this plane up for a quick spin around my local airport (KWVI), I quickly discovered that the ORBX Edgely Optica is anything but. It was slow off the runway, but I could live with that. Unfortunately, after I finally established a positive rate of climb in this plane, I found that it was barely maneuverable. Turning was painfully sluggish. Worse yet, it's devilishly difficult to land because it doesn't want to descend once it's aloft. I cut the throttle all the way back and nothing happened. The plane would not give up any altitude or airspeed. No wonder it can "loiter" for eight hours. I had to point it nose down at the runway to land it. Bottom line, it's no fun to fly. I'm glad it didn't cost more, because as a third-party offering in the MSFS marketplace (via Steam) there's no refund on it. Forget about it.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Sorry you didn’t like it Steve. The real aircraft was designed as a slow, surveillance aircraft for police forces etc. This model is pretty good in VR, but it’s not fast LOL

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

In 1967, I was at the University.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    In 1967, I was at the University.
    In '66-68 I was in Vietnam. No not all the time, I spent some time on the hospital ship Repose and then in rehab in the US. But most of that time I was in Nam. I was allowed to do a lot of low altitude "sightseeing" back then.
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I was allowed to do a lot of low altitude "sightseeing" back then.
    The understatement of the century, Michael. Some time ago, when I was complaining about the number of helicopter accidents hitting the headlines, you PM'd me and told me about your 'Nam service as a chopper pilot. I don't think I'd have handled it half as well as you still do.
    I remember the shocking scenes on the TV news at the time, it wasn't edited the way it is today.
    You and all Vietnam veterans have our eternal respect and gratitude, rest assured that we'll never forget either.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

I agree with Aptosflyer. It is great for sightseeing but it does have weird flying anomalies. I feel it flys much faster than the indicated flight speed. It shows flying 70-80 knots but it appears to be flying faster than a 172. Great visual modelling but the performance could be improved substantially. Maybe so few of them were built because they are so easy to crash. It may be that I need to practice with it, but it is definitely not stable in flight. Anyway, could be fun if I can figure it out.
    Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 16 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12