Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I'm setting up MS2020 flight simulator and found that it can't recognize my Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel even though it is on the hardware task bar along with my rudder pedals and yoke. During the scanning I have spun the wheel for a long time multiple times but no luck. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Hi Jim,

I don’t own one of these personally (my Honeycomb Bravo throttle has a built in trim wheel) but apparently the Saitek wheel has a habit of going to sleep.

You may find this useful, especially the bit on “Windows Power Management” halfway down (by “fppilot”)

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/584462-best-trim-wheel/

Also, I don’t know if the Saitek wheel works in the same way as the Honeycomb, but if so you want to bind “Elevator Trim Up (nose up)” and “Elevator Trim Down (nose down)” - not the trim axis etc

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you, Steve. I would purchase another trim wheel if I were sure it would work. So, now I have my new FS2020 and won't be able to trim with a wheel. If I switch back to FSX would I have to reconfigure and remap?
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Have you managed to configure it in MSFS and if so, what bindings have you set?

If the issue is to do with power management (ie: the wheel going to sleep) then it’s to do with Windows 10, not the sim. However this can be sorted. Did you check out the posts in the link?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

FWIW, I would posit that it's a Win10 issue of not letting the trim wheel play, not necessarily the Sim.

In the Joystick/Trim Wheel Calibration screen, do any of the sliders show the trim wheel movement as you move it back and forth?

I wonder if there are updated Drivers for the Trim Wheel?

On the off chance you decide to go to another Trim Wheel, I might be interested in taking the Saitek off your hands, if that option is on the Table...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Don't know what "bindings" are really. The Cessna Saitek trim wheel cannot be found by MS2020--at all. My grandson has a BS in Computer Programming and a BS in Statistical Math from BU and works for MS on the campus in Redding. I've made him aware of my problem and asked for his assistance. Maybe he can find someone who can advise me. We'll see. If there is a techie who can make an add-on to the wheel to make it work I would purchase one. I just want MS2020 to work at least as well as FSX.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Jim, just a thought.. have you checked for new drivers? Saitek are listing drivers for the trim wheel.

You may already have these but I’d download (& reinstall) them anyway.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Scroll down for Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel (presumably you’ll want 64bit)

They also list some software for it.

By the way, I actually have two trim wheels. One is built into the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle unit

and the other is a small wheel, in my Saitek Multipanel (works fine with MSFS)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Saitek-Flight-Multi-Panel/dp/B01MFBNN9J/ref=asc_df_B01MFBNN9J/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310689469388&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3891994354010604027&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006553&hvtargid=pla-562323742027&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Thank you, I'll buy the new wheel and let you know.

Thank you Steve. I reinstalled the drivers--no luck. I'm going to buy the Flight Velocity wheel.

Ok no problem. It was worth a try :)

Regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I received my new Flight Velocity Trim Wheel and installed it. Some progress. When I go to control options and select trim wheel I get a question mark and nothing else; however, when I go to Sensitivity I do see the trim wheel and am able to watch it move. When flying there is no response to the trim wheel. Help?

Never mind, I found the fix. The programs now sees the trim wheel. I would appreciate any of you owning a Flight Velocity Trim Wheel if you would give me your sensitivity settings. Thank you.

I have the Logitech (Saitek) multi-panel with the trim wheel. Mine works. I’ve never looked for a way to adjust it in MSFS. The wheel is small and I have to spin it to get results. But it works. I was thinking of getting the much larger velocity trim wheel pro, but I didn’t like the number of unfavorable online reviews.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

My new Flight Velocity Trim Wheel is recognized by MS2020. The problem is the trim wheel can't be calibrated properly. It moves the airplane generally in the right up/down way but is jumpy and all over the place. No matter how I sent the sensitivities the same problem. I adjusted all the other control sensitivities and they work. I did notice that the wheel on my CH Eclipse wheel also moves the elevator trims. But when I went to MS2020 controls for the Eclipse Yoke there was no recognition of the Eclipse trim wheel. I don't understand how the Eclipse Yoke's wheel can control the airplane on MS2020 when it's not configured.