Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest jet on MSFS?

Default Fastest jet on MSFS?

Anyone have a jet cruising faster than the F-22 raptor that goes roughly 1,000 mph?

Also why can't you break the sound barrier. Seems like Ms FSX you could? No vapor trail at 32,000 ft also

Yes I was flying at 40000 ft the other day on 747 no vapor trail

Blog Entries

That’s easy, they didn’t want to encourage the conspiracy theory of “chemtrails to poison us”.

Lmao
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by kingnorris View Post
    That’s easy, they didn’t want to encourage the conspiracy theory of “chemtrails to poison us”.

Lmao
    Hahaha!!
    Good one!
    Why on earth would anyone fly "fighters" in this SIM anyway.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Contrails/vapour trails are not always visible, they depend on the atmospheric conditions to be just right to produce them.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    Contrails/vapour trails are not always visible, they depend on the atmospheric conditions to be just right to produce them.
    And what F-22 only does 1,000 mph? They are Mach 2-class aircraft with reheat! And are/were capable of Mach 1.8 at military power and 50,000 feet...
    What height were you talking about?
    Source?

Mine was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhe...in_F-22_Raptor and that shows a limit of 800 knots/921 mph at sea level...

Quote Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
    ...Why on earth would anyone fly "fighters" in this SIM anyway.
    Because MS Flight Simulator. Most fighters spend most of their existence training anyways.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I thought I heard recently of a Blackbird SR-71 project for MSFS, that should be good for Mach 3+ at 80k agl

I know I've heard of at least one Concorde project too, those cruise at Mach 2+

Someone released F-104 Starfighter development screenshots too, that's pretty fast fighter.

Haven't seen anything announced, but F-4 Phantoms have speed too, Operation Sageburner did insane speeds for a record, at 50ft agl. Similarly, though not announced, I think eventually someone will make a B-58 Hustler for MSFS, and it too was a speed demon at low level and high levels.

Back in FS9 days, I flew the Blackbird a fair bit on long flights, and found that my computer could only keep up by loading ground textures in a small circle directly below the jet, as it was just too fast covering ground for the hard drive to keep loading fast enough and render it fully! But it was fun doing such fast and long distance flights, then plunge down for a long descent to a rainy runway in England at Lakenheath ... I did missions to Kola peninsula, missions across the Med, to Egypt and Damascus, missions to China and Vietnam from Kadena in Japan... basically I did a bit of research about real missions that were unclassified, and built flights that resembled them, or from fictional situations.

One flight I hadn't paid enough attention to fuel remaining... and suddenly realised I probably did not have enough fuel to land... so when throttling back to descend, I brought them to idle, then shut one engine down... restarted that engine at maybe 7000ft for final approach, still on idle, trying to glide it in like a Space Shuttle. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    And what F-22 only does 1,000 mph? They are Mach 2-class aircraft with reheat! And are/were capable of Mach 1.8 at military power and 50,000 feet...
    What height were you talking about?
    Source?

Mine was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhe...in_F-22_Raptor and that shows a limit of 800 knots/921 mph at sea level...
    1000-921=79
    my bad on overstating 79 mph

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast