CTD earlier and earlier

In the past 2 days I have been getting CTD earlier and earlier. After a couple weeks of good, long FS2020 time I encountered a CTD a couple hours into the flying, then an hour into it, then 30 minutes in and now I can only manage 10-15 minutes of flying then the familiar double sound drop out and then........Ppppppppt. Not again. ASOBO! Bad ASOBO!

Sucks. :mad::(:confused:

Edited by Ducktooth
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Just out of curiosity, what was your weather state for the CTDs. The reason I ask, I have only had 2 CTDs in almost 12 months. My first was by way of the map, which was a documented bug that was fixed last Fall. After the first CTD, I just did not open the map until it was fixed. About 4-5 days ago I had a second CTD. I normally fly with clear skies, because there is so much scenery to explore, and this is the first product that really feels like the actual topography. The flight a few days ago, I had selected the Longitude for a flight from Ft. Dodge, Iowa to Fargo, North Dakota. I decided to use a broken cloud cover at 66% coverage. I had just begun descent from a cruise altitude of 29,000 feet, I was down to about 27,500' when the CTD occurred. I don't know if the cloud cover created extra demand that raised the heat in my machine, or if there might be a bug in the cloud draw emulation? I had flown a King Air for a longer flight the day before without issue, but in clear skies. I subsequently flew three more flights in clear skies, without any issues. Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In the past 2 days I have been getting CTD earlier and earlier. After a couple weeks of good, long FS2020 time I encountered a CTD a couple hours into the flying, then an hour into it, then 30 minutes in and now I can only manage 10-15 minutes of flying then the familiar double sound drop out and then........Ppppppppt. Not again. ASOBO! Bad ASOBO!

Sucks. :mad::(:confused:

There's a Zendesk FAQ article on CTD's with a variety of possible causes and fixes for you:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-Crashing-CTDs-issues

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I didn't want to be that guy but I've now requested a refund and as it's been denied taken this to the ACCC. I just can't stand game devs using the public as their guinea pigs anymore.

Thanks for the thorough list of troubleshooting steps but unfortunately it isn't solving this for me and the game is no longer enjoyable after the last few updates. It looks fantastic, but not being able to fly for more than 10 minutes reliably has just killed it for me.

The bottom line is that while all of those steps are good, we shouldn't need to do any of it. Not happy. :(

Incredible story, me Fsimmer since FS5 then FS6,7,8,9 and FSX, saving now for a MSFS capable rig, mainly with good GPU (3060TI). I'm now doing MSFS on my: I7 6700K with stock 92mm fan, GTX1050TI, 1 stick DDR 16GB 2666 mhz , MSFS is installed on my (overcrowded and superfragmented) 10 yr old HDD 1TB, keyboard and mouse, (no room for more) I've flown MSFS since the XBox introduction 3 month's for $ 4,99/$ 5,99 a month, then in our country Pringles/XBox promotion (3 month's for $ 4,99. a month). In the 6 month's, which were upon it's release, that I was able to use it, I had all the MSFS problems from the early days, but I will never ever forget that in these 6 month's I experienced no more than 2 genuine CTD's. So can't wait to start again with MSFS on a capable PC.In the mean time I'm downloading all the free MSFS files that are released here on our wonderful Flightsim.com for better day's to come. Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg