CH-46 Helicopter.

After the post from Michael (aka Rupert) he flew one of these in Vietnam when he was in the service.

I got this one flying as an AI as I'm hopeless flying one of these lol. I remember him once saying they tend to fly slightly nose down angle of attack.

I'm still trying to tweak it to do that but not had much success yet, also if Michael reads this he can say if the livery is right, this isn't my paint by the way it was one I downloaded.

This is descending so it looks like it is flying nose down at cruise which it isn't.

Boeing CH-46 Marines flight 1.png

Col.

After the post from Michael (aka Rupert) he flew one of these in Vietnam when he was in the service.

I got this one flying as an AI as I'm hopeless flying one of these lol. I remember him once saying they tend to fly slightly nose down angle of attack.

I'm still trying to tweak it to do that but not had much success yet, also if Michael reads this he can say if the livery is right, this isn't my paint by the way it was one I downloaded.

This is descending so it looks like it is flying nose down at cruise which it isn't.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227075[/ATTACH]

Col.

As I recall, they flew nose-UP much of the time. Transition to/from forward flight is a funny thing...

Yes, the logo appears correct. Having said that, I'm not familiar with the EH. During Vietnam all ours started out with a Y as in Yankee. For example in H-34s I flew in HMM 364 (YF or Yankee Foxtrot) which we called the Purple Foxes.

My H-46 squadrons during Vietnam were HMM 164 (YT Yankee Tango) and HMM 165 (YW Yankee Whiskey)

BTW: A 46 usually has a slight nose up attitude while in hover or during a hover landing and is slightly nose down during cruise. Not usually as noticeable as in this shot but certainly a little nose down. As I explained in another post, the difference in the amount of lift rear to front is what propels a chopper forward.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Awesome! I think I saw that bird more during my time in the Navy than just about anything.

I don't doubt it. The Sea Knight (CH-46) was the workhorse medium weight chopper of both the Navy and Marine Corps for decades before the Ospry came along.

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2021 at 11:15 AM, Rupert said:

I'm not familiar with the EH

Echo Hotel is the tail letters for HMM-264. Call sign "Leroy."

https://www.popasmoke.com/squadron-tailcodes-and-callsigns/

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

13 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Echo Hotel is the tail letters for HMM-264. Call sign "Leroy."

https://www.popasmoke.com/squadron-tailcodes-and-callsigns/

Yes thanks, I just looked them up,  I don't ever remember seeing one of their tails but they have their own proud history as well as any other squadron, including the fighting in Lebanon.  Other than ferry hops flying 46's back to So Cal, I spent no time on the east coast once I was joined the squadrons in California and Vietnam..