The community folder itch

Now that I have added one item to my community folder should I start to worry about updates?

It seems that every time that a new update comes along the list of people with problems starts to grow.

The community folder is at the center of a few of those problems.

MSFS has plenty of things fore me to figure out before I start to mess with the community folder.

Now I can’t avoid the folder any longer.

I felt the “add on” itch coming.

I am not sure I understand what the fuss is all about but I know that some day I will have to do something about it.

I just don’t know what that something is.

VFRguy

The DA62X Improvement Mod will be updated this weekend for full Sim Update 5 compatibility and this is normal for mods which make changes to aircraft and cockpit instruments, such as the Fly By Wire A32X and the Working Title Garmin mods. All of them need to be updated after a Sim Update, but not after a World Update.

Scenery and airport mods are rarely affected by Sim Updates. Some may become duplicated after a World Update but it's very rare that they cause CTD's for example.

If you're looking for a single, maximum effect, scenery mod I can highly recommend the We Love VFR Region 2 mod: https://flightsim.to/file/16674/we-love-vfr-region-2

This covers the whole of North and South America and adds the missing radio masts, smokestacks, satellite dishes and radomes all in their real-world locations. Fantastic.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I haven't had a problem with my community folder, until yesterday's major MSFS update. For months I've been stockpiling tons of new planes, new sceneries, new airports etc into the folder. But when the update finally finished, MSFS was taking forever to load up--and in fact it was not loading. It would get stuck at about 95% of the way there.

So I removed 100% of the community folder into another temporary location. MSFS took 5 seconds to load. Now I'll go back and see how much of the old crap I actually still use and want to regularly use. Probably not a lot.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

The only stuff I had in my community folder was the Working Title G1000 and G3000 mods. The 7/27 update not only rendered them inoperable, it took out the MFD screen in the Cessna 172 and the PFD and MFD screens in the Daher TBM. Removing those mods from the community folder restored the default G1000 and G3000 avionics. Meanwhile, I discovered Working Title's G1000 NXi modification of the default MSFS G1000 available, free, in the "marketplace" and downloaded it. This is the modification that will, I hope, enable VNAV, making it possible to fly ILS-style final approaches to hundreds (or thousands?) of airports that lack ILS landing systems. I haven't had time to try it yet.

I read earlier that Working Title is now working closely with Asobo, and this in-marketplace download -- which I think went into the general folder or whatever it's called -- is evidence of their cooperation/coordination. I expect a similar in-marketplace G3000 modification -- also with VNAV -- to be forthcoming from Working Title in the maybe-near future.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

All of Working Title's mods are now Sim Update 5 compatible and can be downloaded from the bottom of their Github page here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

All of Working Title's mods are now Sim Update 5 compatible and can be downloaded from the bottom of their Github page here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

I had the latest Working Title G1000 and G3000 mods, which worked perfectly with Sim Update 5, but they no longer worked after I downloaded and installed the 7/27/21 update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I had the latest Working Title G1000 and G3000 mods, which worked perfectly with Sim Update 5, but they no longer worked after I downloaded and installed the 7/27/21 update.

Sim Update 5 IS the 7/27/21 update? If you re-download the Working Title mods now, they'll work just fine.